GeustMap

SRX-SKI

I was just looking at the geust map, I started wandering how the snow conditions you have. Is it always powder snow? When does the snowmobile season start and end. Where I am, we always have hard compact snow. I am the highest purple post in Canada in the geustmap, Resolute Bay. We start driving our machines in the beginning of october (different somtimes). We stop driving our snowmobiles middle of July, We can drive on the ocean ice the same dates as well but just to ba safe we dont drive on the ice til about November. So we don't drive our snowmobile two or three months tops. Well anyways just somethin to talk about. See ya's

I forgot to add that, from beginning of November until end of January we have 24 hour of darkness. From about end of April until beginning of August we have 24 hours of Sunlight. The other dates are day and night like everyone else, somewhere in between the 24 hours effects, just thought i might add that.

Here in Ottawa Ontario the conditions vary from hard packed to a little bit of powder when it snows. Last year we didn't have snow until mid January. Our trails usally close around the first of March and we are lucky if we get until mid March. I'm one of the luckier ones becasue i live on a River and the ice usally breaks up at the end of April so i get to ride the river banks and beaches. The Trails are usally open around here for January 1st. The year before on Christmas Eve i was driving on the trails, it all depends on the snow. This year Mother Nature is starting to cooperate so hopefully we will be on the trails before christmas. Do they groomers up there where you are?

on the north shore of montreal its usually hard packed snow and powder depending on the areas i ride. i usually extend my seasons by trailering to spots with snow. so geneerally my first ride is in november(110 kms done already) and i can go till end of april and early may, so 6 months is good enough...

BenderSRX, no we don't groomers here. We don't need to register or get licsence for the snow machines either. Its our main transportaion around here for hunting and getting around.

Back