( Season 2007-08 )TY Mileage– Ike

Ike

My season started today. Finally... Been in a flu for a almost 2 weeks now, so didn´t bother to go sledding before I felt better.

In summer we took the skid off from my Vmax-4. We had to fabricate new axels to it. Old ones were pretty much worn out. Now it should be good or even better than new. Also we played with gearing etc. So, I´ll be testing some stuff to upcoming speedruns etc. Didn´t get the Bender stingers to fit 100% so those aren´t on my sled, yet..

Anyway, I went for a testrun today. Just to see that all was working ok and the old V4 is ready for a another adventures season here in Lapland.

Odometer pic before start.

My V4 fresh from under pile of snow...

On a trail under a powerline near Sodankylä.

On a trail over a hydroelectric plant.

Ike

Last edited:

Not really that much icecover, so no riding in lakes / rivers yet.

My "new" rear rack..

Ike

Last edited:
Nice to see snow again IKE.We are just getting a dusting here,waiting to get my 02 SRX out and test the heelclicker set-up...but that will be a while yet I think.May drive her from my garage to my shed..lol.I'll be using my SXR600 in the first snow anyways..looking for my first jumps of the season....lol.Your sled looks good on the snow out there.

daman said:
Must be nice to have that kinda snow this early. #$%&* #$%&*

Yep. it´s nice :letitsnow . Actually we had trails open over a week now, but since I was ill, I went to ride today. Sleds are buzzing over here
:winterrul .

Thank´s for the comments guys!

Ike

Last edited:
daman, when I know there is place to WOT, be I´ll be going that too LOL!

Pic of the trailsystem at Sodankylä. In all there are 1200 km´s of snowmobile trails here in Sodankylä.

The purple lines are the trails. I highlighted in red the ones I rode today. Maps can be found here ---> http://www.infokartta.fi/sodankyla//index.php (select from the left "reitit:MK-urat" )

Ike

daman said:
Damn you like rubbing it in don't ya??? J/K :)

looks like some nice trails

LOL :hide:

Trails are nice here, but only a small portion of them are groomed... And you know what ungroomed trails are with my V4...?

I´ll just say that much that I don´t need to go the gym after few hours of riding them!

Ike

Snow is pouring here right now. Been like that for three days now.

Snowdepth in Finland

5 day weather forecast for Sodankylä

Ike

nice!

I have about 5 miles on the venture so far.;)

we had 3 inches, just enough to check out the new to us venture.

post more pics!, and how many miles do you have on the season so far?

horkn said:
nice!

I have about 5 miles on the venture so far.;)

we had 3 inches, just enough to check out the new to us venture.

post more pics!, and how many miles do you have on the season so far?

Not that many KM´S yet. I mostly do my riding at the weekends, since my work as a silviculture supervisor takes the weeks pretty good. Great thing about my work is that I get to ride ATV´s and sleds a lot LOL.

I did 1300 km´s on the ole Vmax-4 last season. Not that much. Had some health issues + 6 weeks of -30c and below temps... Not that fun to ride on that temp. On top of that 1300 I ride few hundred km´s at work with different kind of sleds (mostly our domestic LYNX brand). So if all goes well I just might get my mileage this season somewhere around 3000 - 4000 km´s. The season lasts until late may usually at the higher areas here.

Ike

3000 KMS = 1864 MILES.

not bad at all, and even better when you get paid to ride a lot of those miles:)

Reminds me of when I got paid to drive a sled around the ski resort and look like I was working.

after the skiers left for the day, that skandic got the snot beat out of it. LOL

Once again out working.

Was checking out fences at Lokka. Reindeer herder phoned and told that our harvesters have broken a fence. But it was discovered to be someone elses evildeed. Not ours.

Fences are used to keep reindeer at their winter herding areas.

As you can see from the pics, not too much of daylight here anymore...

My equipment (fieldcomputer etc.)

Cooling after busting powder for an hour

Reindeer fence.

On a snowmobilebridge over the Luiro river.

Here is a pic of my Yamahauler and trailer. LOL

Ike

Last edited:
Today is Finland´s independence day. So, I went riding in celebration. Since it´s a national holiday here too.

And took my kids for a spin too.

Reindeerfence overcrossing.

Yamaha helmet ofcourse..

Ike

Last edited:

Back