srx track

98srx6

Website
myweb.nmu.edu
I am looking into buying a new track for my 98 srx600 and wanted to see if anybody could tell me the maximum lug height that will fit without adding tunnel and heat exchanger protection. I would also like to stay with the stock drivers.

The sled comes with protectors. You can run anything up to 1" before you must remove the front & tunnel protectors.

98s did NOT come with protectors, if they haven't been added, you can run a 1 1/2" track.

I've heard the tunnel clearance is a bit tight with 1 1/2" and top speed is affected somewhat. I run a 1 1/4" track and havn't notice a speed loss

aSRX600guy said:
98s did NOT come with protectors, if they haven't been added, you can run a 1 1/2" track.

I didnt think i saw any protectors on the tunnel or up front, thanks for clarifying that for me SRX600guy. I think i am going to go with a 1.25 finger track, does anybody have experience with these tracks?
I'm looking for a good trail track that might see a little bit of powder, i'd like to hear what type of tracks you guys recommend.
BTW, I am in Michigans U.P.

your right, there are no protecters on the '98 srx. i like the 9818 (same as 9860) camo 1.25". i put it on my '99 srx and think the diff is awesome.

I'm running the 9854 in my rx-1 and I would not recomend this track. Its really a 1" track with a few 1.25 fingers on it. The fingers on my track are half worn and I'm almost down to a 1" track. Just not enouph track touching the ground on hard packed and roads I guess. I looked at the new ripsaw track and it looks very durable. That would be my choice. Since its the OEM track for yamaha, I'm sure there will be some floating around for sale due to mods and studding changes.

Dan

You can run a 1.5" lug track as long as there are no tunnel protectors or heat exchanger protectors. You will notice a top-end loss. I would recommend a 1.25" if I where to do it all over again. I have to say though when the trail is cruddy and the snow is comming down hard the 1.5 has a pretty serious edge in the traction department.

I have decided to go with the 9818 Camo track, its a 121 x 1.25. Is there any need for any clutch or gearing adjustments with me using this track on my srx which was set up with a 121 x .91 camo? What effect will this track have on my sled?

Back