Any one ride in cadillac?

sxviper65

Just wondering if any one rode in the cadillac baldwin area this weekend. Was think about making a day trip up to that area. Just wondering if it would be worth the time.

We went Friday from town here out to Lost Pines Lodge then up to Mesick and back. There was plenty of snow. Only bad thing was a guy was killed out by the Lodge Friday night while we were out there.

Thats not good was he racing on what i call the "death wish", that big field in front of the lodge that everyone just races back and forth on and no one knows where any one is

No he was down the trail beside there to the west a ways (toward Caberfae). He was going too fast and didn't make one of the curves/hit some trees. Rick called 911 and he was airlifted out of there so he must not have died right away. It said in the paper that speed and alcohol were a factor. There are always people racing around in that field though like you said. That's why I stay out of there.

The road in front of the lodge is where the most dangerous racing is. Full throttle from the corner then right in front through all of the cross traffic and pedestrians. Sometimes they are 4 wide going thru there.

Cadillac

We rode almost 300 miles last Thursday thru Saturday and the conditions were excellant and stayed at Lost Pines. Wasn't anywhere you couldn't go. Rode to Messick, Wellston, Irons, Kelava, Coyote Crossing, Deer Horn, etc.
We knew the fellow who got killed and were at the bar that night. He took off from LPL to head back toCaberfe Village and lost it in a turn on the road. He was never life flighted since he passed in the parking lot of Caberfe ski area from probable internal inujuries. I saw him and he sure didn't look loaded to me when he left. Anyway, it's a real tragedy for the family and friends and goes to show that even an expert rider can make a fatal mistake.

I heard the same from Rick. Didnt sound good at all. That road can get really icy at times. Also, just wanted to add that the DNR will have manditory sound check stations all around the state trails, especially in Cadillac in and around caberfae ski area. Anyone who has a loud machine will most likely get ticketed the first time, without warning, from what i was told. Just a heads up for riders in MI.

yamaha said:
Also, just wanted to add that the DNR will have manditory sound check stations all around the state trails, especially in Cadillac in and around caberfae ski area. Anyone who has a loud machine will most likely get ticketed the first time, without warning, from what i was told.

puke1.png
puke2.png

DNR is on my shitlist...i know they help out with grooming funds in all but sometimes they (gov't as a whole) need to wake up and get their heads out of their asses..harley motorcycles are just as loud and i dont see the govt doing regulating them, and yet they are finding ways to restrict a sport that brings in so much revenue to this state...
I guess ill have to sell my benders :evil:

yamaha said:
harley motorcycles are just as loud and i dont see the govt doing regulating them, and yet they are finding ways to restrict a sport that brings in so much revenue to this state...
I guess ill have to sell my benders :evil:

Harleys make me want to puke even though I ride a motorcycle (Honda Valkyrie). I agree totally, it's total BS that they get away this and they're bawling about snowmobiles that aren't as loud as Harley's even. Someone is brain dead... #$%&* :o| I'm not selling my Benders unless I absolutely have to. I'll avoid riding where they have their little traps if I can. I like riding out by Caberfae too. Sucks.

Back