Vintage Sled ride!

I'm looking at the trail map for Houghton Lake, and I see two parking areas for the trail, one just south of the lake, slightly north of Emery Rd, and another one just west of the lake, off Deadstream Road. Which spot will you all be meeting at?

What time do we need to be there? 8 AM?

ws6transam said:
I'm looking at the trail map for Houghton Lake, and I see two parking areas for the trail, one just south of the lake, slightly north of Emery Rd, and another one just west of the lake, off Deadstream Road. Which spot will you all be meeting at?

What time do we need to be there? 8 AM?
the snowmobile parking lot we are meeting @ is on the south side of Houghton Lake on Owens Drive about 3/4 of a mile south of M-55. To be exact it is about a 1/4 of a mile south of Nestel rd. and about 3/4 of a mile north of Emery rd. It is on the west side of the road next to a fenced-in cemetary. We will be meeting @ 7:30 AM and riding @ 8:00 AM. :letitsnow

~Dave

BTW- I will be announcing on either the 10th or 11th whether the ride will still be a go on Jan. 13th. If conditons don't permit on the 13th, it will be re-scheduled for the next weekend.

Last edited:
They are supposed to get snowed in @ Houghton Lake! I will make the call tomorrow on whether the ride is on or not~Dave

Roger, Wilco!
I've just got to arrange for the babysitter, and do a little trailer remodeling with the sawzall and I'll be good to go! The Enticer 340 Snowmobile's already sitting on the trailer with gas in the tank.

So long as babysitting doesn't fall through, I intend to go.

Babysitting fell through, so I wasn't able to make it.

That said, how was the ride?? I'm itching to know what I missed. I swear, everything was packed and ready to go.

It looks as if I'll be attending the Cadillac ride with a friend of mine. Babysitter has been secured, both snowmobiles are operational, trailer is ready.

ws6transam said:
It looks as if I'll be attending the Cadillac ride with a friend of mine. Babysitter has been secured, both snowmobiles are operational, trailer is ready.

Excellent! Will be a good time...we are even hauling a cat cutter behind one sled. Most of the sleds going now are all mint/beautiful shape. Make for some nice camera shots and video.

The Snowmobiles are locked and loaded! The riding gear is in the tote and ready to go. All I need to do is pack a snack.

Well, the ride was lots of fun! Cadillac had sixteen inches or more on the ground, and the trails were in great shape. Temperature stayed in the 20's the whole time, and it was sunny.

The six snowmobiles drew quite a crowd wherever it was we stopped, and at one point in Boone, we lined them up for an impromptu six-sled drag race, which brought laughs, cheers, and photographers to watch the action.

We were out there from 9:30 until 3:30 and probably drove about a total of 60 miles.

Vintage_Snowmobile_Ride_003.sized.jpg

More pictures here

I believe that the winner wasn't the Yamahas, but had I been able to find (and fix) the sludge in the carbuerator that I just found today, it would have been a different story.

Back