M10 suspension on the SRX 700

snomotocross

hey guys what do u think about the m10 suspension on the srx 700
I was thinking about putting it on my 2001 srx 700 but i thought i might loose alot of speed or it wouldnt be balanced right,,
whats good about it or.. bad??

found a pic of it
looks mean,,

I had a M10 on my SRX last year...it handle great and it rode awesome...but it did kill some of the top speed...but it was worth every penny for me.

I also own a 01 SRX and have looked into doing the same modification.

I was told by my dealership that inorder to balance the sled properly a widening kit needs to be added to the front.

You can also use a SXR chassis or AD Boivin - most dealers will recommend the SXR because it can be added to the SRX with little modification.

You can also have your suspension extended by Max Performance. For around 700.00 cdn - they will turn the stock suspension into something like the SXR.

It's all in the set up. Go ahead and put an M10 in there, just tune some set in into the skid and it should be close to the same height as a stocker. When you hit a bump and become air born, you'll use all that wonderful travel.

Are you mental - I have ridden an SRX with an SXR chassis and the beast rocks. YMP in Pickering, Ontario has one in their fleet of sleds. These guys are known for Yamaha mods and kick @#$ sleds. You should change your status from Extreme to extremely simple or single minded. Have you ever swallowed the corporate pill - Yamaha suspensions suck that's a fact - proaction my A$%^ -

By the tone of your email - it seems that you are scoffing at any attempt to replace the stock SRX suspension. So I guess you are mental.

I wouldn't expect you to apologize, but you're completely wrong. The Proaction skid isn't for everybody, some people drive themselves crazy trying to set it up for them, on the other hand some people don't. These folks don't tune them, and replace them with something else like an M10, and THEN realize they've got to tune the M10!

remember that when you ASSume, you make an ass of U, not ME.

lol

Anyway, if you can't resist calling people names on here, you might try www.amsnow.com
Happy sledding!

mine M-10 works great, but it is balanced out with a $2k front suspension. I have a little darting problem but will fix it this yr. i think i have the front shock too stiff. i allready tried messing with the rear a tried the ski shims.

and a pic of the rear with new track. 1.25" camo and no studs. big improvement! i don't even miss my studs very much.
I do not have much top speed with all the customizing (front sno-tek suspension,rear M-10,& 1.25" camo), plus i go about 275#'s.

Whoa, that's new Tom, you've done a little work over the summer haven't you? Looking sweet!

Any preliminary dates for the breakin ride? I miss all you guys... :oops:

We are thinking the Muni ride will be on the 4th weekend in Jan but I am hoping to do some riding before that :). Maybe we can all get togather again to run Houghton....maybe even in December if the snow flies.

I HAD A HARD SPENDING THE MONEY ON THE M-10 BUT I'M HAPPY THAT I DID. IT'S ALL IT THE SETUP BOOK WHEN YOU GET THE M-10. THEY GIVE YOU A GREAT PLACE TO START AFTER THAT IT'S ALL YOUR SETUP. THE ONLY OTHER THING I DID WAS PUT OHLINS LONG TRAVEL ON THE FRONT. RICH HAD THE EXPERT IN HIS VIPER HE ALSO LIKED THAT. I TRIED MAXXS' LONG TRAVEL AND IT STILL WASN'T ENOUGH. SO I WOULD GO WITH THE M-10 WITH OHLINS, LITTLE MORE MONEY BUT WELL WORTH IT.

The SRX/M10 combo can work great, like MrSled days. The key is getting the rear bumper height very close to your stock set up. This keeps you from darting.

Darting is almost always caused by too much pressure on the front of the skis. Get the skid set up with some sit in, and see if you have darting then. Good luck! Oh ya, the Tech page has an article written by a very handsome dude...lol :roll:

Vmaxjohn,

Can you elaborate a little more about the darting? I have a 2003 viper with an M-10. There was a darting problem last year. I have the limiter straps set at 3-3
I can tell there is too much ski pressure because the rear of the track is not flat on the ground.
Do i need to tighten up the limiter some more or maybe remount the front arm in the upper holes of the slide rails?
Any suggestions?

Back