Snoscoot Carb. - Where to buy.

Zachalyse

Dealer said carb are pretty bad and the best solution would be to replace the whole carb assembly. Anyone know where the best place to buy one would be?

$199 + shipping at Highlands Yamaha

Zachalyse said:
Dealer said carb are pretty bad and the best solution would be to replace the whole carb assembly. Anyone know where the best place to buy one would be?

$199 + shipping at Highlands Yamaha

I would have to question the need to replace it. That is what some dealer shops do these days, just replace complete assemblies. There is very little that will normally happen to the body of a carburator that would require it to be replaced.
Disassemble the carb, remove the jets, and visually inspect every hole everywhere on the carb. Move a wire of the largest size that will fit back and forth through each hole to scrape any dirt out (a number-drill set works best). Look carefully, there may be very small holes that are easy to miss (I have done it). If it is a straight through hole, hold it up to a light and look through it to make sure it is clean. Spray carb cleaner through the holes (be careful of blowback in the face) and blast through them with an air hose blow gun.

And could it be that the problem you are having is not caused by the carb?
Intake air leak? Crankcase leak? Fuel pump problem? Ignition problem? Internal engine damage? Bad fuel? Restricted exhaust?

Last edited:
Not to worry.
I was born confused.

Describe the exact problem you are having.
Edit: the sled is having. lol

Last edited:

Back