Radar Runs in Orillia, Ontario

valin

Here's a heads up for all of you southern Ontario guys. There will be a radar event in Orillia on Feb. 16 and 17th in Orillia, Ontario. It will be a 2000' plowed and shaved ice track, with classes for everyone. Hope to see you all there. You can guarantee that I will be there.

Right on. I could make a full day event out of that. Ride there, watch the run and maybe see what my sled's made of, then turn right around after watching the big dogs and head home. It's only about 1.5 hours drive, but i'd much rather sled there instead.

Thanks for the heads up!!!

I know yamyrider. It all is depending on when the lake freezes, and it's still wide open. NBSSR might be holding a second event at Rocky's that is not posted, but will depend on conditions. I will keep you all posted when Claude figures things out.

Any chance they might run a 1000ft. event some time??? I would still like to see how strong we northerners are compared to all the southern boys.. Hard to compare when we run different distances..

We have been pushing a bit to have them cut it back to 1000', but so far we have been unsuccessful. We have even tried to see if they would run 1000' on saturday, and 2000' on sunday, with no success. We will continue to push the issue, but I am sure the changes won't happen this season.

The Orillia runs have been cancelled due to ice conditions. They will be hosted in North Bay on that weekend.

Back