trip to maine in Feb 08

pipdviper

Planning another trip to Northern Me. Wondering if some local fellow TY'ers would mind possibly hooking up with my wife and I and show us around. The last time we were there we stayed at the Northern Door in Ft. Kent. It was the best riding we ever had. The only 2 complains were, in 3 days of riding (trip cut short) we seen moose piles but no moose!! 2nd it takes 15 hours for us to get there! Also is the Lakeview still open? I was told it was sold. Thanks, Shawn

lake view is still open

you dont have to drive clear to fort for good riding.

stay in milinoket, island falls, houlton, caribou, presque isle

we are having a ty ride that weekend, you are welcome to come along.

check us out on the ty ride section.

if you dont go with us any, places i can recomend are the border trail up the rh side of maine. 81 , limstone to van buren. 105 to danforth(east grand lake). 83 west tward mnt katahdin, great views the whole day, plan on a clear day for this one.

you have to eat at the blue moose in monticello, right off 83 north and rt1, grammys country in in lineus off 83(eat here at the end of the day, its alot of food), saturday morntings there is a breakfast buffet at the medustnekeg ramblers club house from 6-9, a great breakfast fead to start the day and support the local trails.

lakeview resturant of coarse, great food and views(you know what i mean)

down in the island falls area sat night at birch point is prime rib night, great little resturant and place to stay.

hope this helps you out a bit

This helps us out a lot! The landscape and people are awesome in Maine! I wish I could find somewhere to work, I would move the fam there no questions asked !! People down here in Pa are rude and uptight about everything. Its like the shorts are too tight or something!!! I've traveled the east coast racing motocross and I have to say hands down Pa is my least favorite place to be ! Not to mention I STILL HAVE NO SNOW !!!

what do you do for work? local dealer is looking for a mechanic/salesman.

maine wages are alot lower than the rest of the world. better living though. I love the town i live in.

What a coincidence.... I am in maintenence at Reese's candy co. I work in the kitchen where we make the KitKat wafers. Have been in maint all my life. I used to have a shop on the side but it was mostly 2 stroke motocross stuff. Things got too hectic so I quit the side jobs.
Oh, and too the people who read this yeah.....I know the candy sucks anymore but I didn't do it don't shoot me !! I just work there!

Back