won srx on ebay lastnight, wont sell it to me now

keverg

I won a srx700 last night on ebay for $1325, called the guy , he's only 30 minutes form me. Says he wont let it go for that. Told him he has to , i won the bid, no reserve. It s a contract. Any advice?

Contact ebay ask them what you should do.......Tell him you don't want to but you will leave horrible feedback. Sorry man that sucks

Talk to EBAY and let them know what took place. If the seller had no reserve, its his fault as he is bound by the contract.

Sue him, legal contract. lawsuit always put the fear in everything only like 35.00 here to file. I once sued a guy on ebay over a raiator sold me wrong one and told me to go pond salt. So I sued and because he lived a 125 miles then he wanted to be nice so he wouldn't have to come to me. Funny as heck...........

find someone on this forum local to him, and have them go punch him! JK sorry bout yer luck. but what ^^^^ said contact E Bay.

edit... Never mind he's local to you. You go punch him!

Where are you at in Iowa. I haven't punched anyone for a very long time. Contact you loacal DA and see what they say to do. Maxdlx

Id just contact Ebay and tell them whats going on. If you won the auction, the seller has no choice but to sell you the sled at that price.
As the others said, when you buy or sell on Ebay, you enter into a legal contract.

keverg said:
I won a srx700 last night on ebay for $1325, called the guy , he's only 30 minutes form me. Says he wont let it go for that. Told him he has to , i won the bid, no reserve. It s a contract. Any advice?
if the idiot didnt want to let it go for that price why the hell didnt he put a reserve on it ,what a moron!

ebay stinks for that. I had the same thing happen with a set of 2000 dollar tires and wheels. The guy lived 20 miles from me and the high bid no reserve was 100 bucks. He wouldnt even respond to an email. I contacted ebay and you have to do the moderation thing. If he will accept to do the moderation thing it costs you 35.00 . Their solution was to give him more money. I am contacting our local DA just for spite know. GOOD LUCK

I don't think you can force someone to sell you something - i think the only recourse you really have is if you paid him and then didn't give you the product - when money changes hands, then the contract is placed in force. Ebay really isn't the place to buy or sell snowmobiles, if you watch some of the auctions, they don't put a reserve, and if the price doesn't get to a certain point, then they end the auction without any explanation and then relist the item.

This is why I always start my auctions at the lowest price I'm willing to sell an item for (instead of a reserve, I hate using a reserve).

I like the punching idea too. Tell him to come outside and settle it in the gravel...
ph.gif
:rofl:

Is this story is even TRUE?? Nothing like this shows up on ebay in an ended auction search and I tried many different ways. I want to see a link to this auction or how it was described so I can see it for myself before I shoot my mouth off on what should be done. I have found that there is usually 2 sides to every story and the fact that it doesn't show up is making me wonder if it's even true.

opsled

Here's the quandry now... if you force him to sell it somehow (legal fees, etc.), do you really think you'll get the sled 'untouched'? My guess would be you'd find sugar or salt in the gas, oil, chaincase, etc. Best to let it go, and find another one IMO.

Back