The Weekend That Shouldn't Have Been

Raptor-35

Well I drove to Brainerd Minnesota. Big mistake Ya there was snow, like cement. All week long they talked about there good snow pack and that things would only improve over the weekend. It never happened. The snow never came and for all the snow they had, well lets just leave it at that. I learned a valuable lesson this weekend, one should never trust the words of the DNR or a meterologists who's never owned a sled let alone ridden one. Nicko you didn't miss a thing hope we can ride soon. Well thank heaven for small favors 4 inches today at home with more on the way. home sweet home. Good old southern Minnesota, where the snow really is..

Raptor-35

:letitsnow

We're supposed to get 7-10" here around Madison tomorrow afternoon through Wed afternoon, be nice to have a decent base on the trails again, have'nt been the greatest lately...

I am hoping so to goody! I have been doing the snow dance all day since I heard that!

All you needed to do was ask. I'd have told you the conditions in the Brd. area blow. What snow there is so hard that all you do is skip across the top. I don't know what DNR site you looked at but the snow conditions link on the DNR is fairly accurate. The trail conditions are updated weekly and they have been fairly accurate all year. Right now everything is listed as poor/fair with ice and bare spots.

Thanks Ryan B I talked to a DNR officer up there and thats what he said, but like I said they thought they were going to get fresh stuff. also the website I checked had no current trail conditions (Minnesota snowmobile conditions) and [geosledder] didn't list anything current either.

I'm sorry to hear that about the trip. I didn't realize we should have asked somebody here for the conditions, in a way i'm glad i had to work but i'm honestly sorry for ya......Lets plan the next trip Joel....

Nick

come south, we are predicted anywhere from 10 to 18 tonight. Man I'd be happy with 5 to 9. Maxdlx

maxdlx

Hey man thanks for the info. Do you have any pics of that machine of yours. Really like your avatar pic...

Raptor -35

Nicko

Ya it sucked but we made the best of it. Ya we need to ride soon, Let me know man.

Hey I know you are closer but how about south......I'm not kidding...I'm getting pretty desperate here men......

Nick

Nicko

No doubt my friend. I think a trip down south may be in order. Go to the snow I say. Heck I'd be in for a one day trip just to get some saddle time, maybe even during the week, But what ever guy's it's time to get some more miles on.

Raptor-35

!!THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!!

Yep I'll do it for the day abnd week day wont hurt me at all I just have to talk to the wife so she can take the day off but I don't see am issue there since she wants me to put some miles so I stop watching the weather channel every single night and she can get some Sex and the City, but I'm not sure if she wants the sex or the city..LOL LOL

Back