2002 Viper Electrical Problems

skycoupe

When I turn up all the electrics (grip, thumb, visor), .. the headlights dim, the display goes blank, and I swear there isn't enough power to operate the power valves.
I think I read or heard somewhere that there was a wiring problem with this model.
I am hoping that it isn't the stator.
Any insight would be greatly appreciated .. want to get it fixed before I am wrenching in the cold.
Thanx

i would start by checking all your grounds. remove them clean them, sand where they mount, use silicone dielectric grease on them and reinstall

also check wires coming out of your cdi box. the power for all these things comes through the box. the wires are known to short there.

As SnowBandit suggests, check the wiring harnesses.

There were a few problems reported on here last season related to fraying of the harness.

Check the three white wires coming out of your stator. They should all have the same resistance. More than likely you will have one that is open to the other two, if so the stator needs to be replaced. Good luck.

Thanx for the replies .. I will post here if and when I find the problem .. thanx again

Back