Taking trip to Michigan

terrain44

Hi, I ride only in Northern VT and sometimes Northern Maine. Very wide and smooth trail systems. Can someone direct me to a spot in Michigan where I will get this type of riding or better. We usually do about 150-200miles every Saturday. We clip right along about 65-80mph. Is the UP where I want to be?? Anyone ridden both Michigan and Northern New England? Any comparisons would be helpful. Thanks a lot

never been to new england but would not really call much of the up wide and smooth, especially if you are driving all the way from vermont. we ride the eastern and central parts of the u.p. alot because it's not too far from home (5 hrs to the mackinaw bridge) and can usually find some great trails. i would suggest you check out northern ontario if you are looking for something out of the ordinary. you will find some phenomonal trails in outstanding condition. i have never seen a snowmobile trail so smooth.

The west side of the UP has a lot of wide smooth trails, and doesnt get as much traffic as the easat and central parts.

I agree Munising west has so wide fun stuff.

sxviper65 said:
The west side of the UP has a lot of wide smooth trails, and doesnt get as much traffic as the easat and central parts.

Yes, and they have all the old rail road grades and go over the old bridges that are really high up in spots its a blast. Plus if you far enough you can get in to the mountians a bit, nothing high but the best you can get in good ol'michigan

Back