Power Valves

pull them out, carb clean and scotch brite. no matter what oil you use, if you dont clean them at 500-1000 miles they will be ugly. there is a how to on clean and adjustment on the tech pages. after you do it the first time they are really bad you'll never let them get that bad again. some swear by using yamahas ring free product in the fuel, i cannot say if it works as i have never tried it i just clean them several times a year. ski

I clean mine every 1500 km's.using the method described by skidooboy. I find cleaning frequently is much easier and faster than waiting till they become a problem.Takes me about 20 minutes to do 3 valves now.

Ditto,...while you have them apart you might as well replace the 'o' rings in the valve housing as well.

Hubby was cussing me out for gettin a sled with power valves. We put 1700 miles before we cleaned them. Yes, they were difficult to get off. Lesson learned.

I usually clean mine every 3000 km there getting a bit gummy but not to bad been using AMSOIL since new

The 12-volt power hook up thing.

They called it an adjustment coupler in the directions that Mr. Sled posted earlier in this thread.

valve cleaning

Yes i have heard of guys having the sled idling,turn the idle down to below 900 rpm and the valves should open turn the sled off and valves should be all the way open.I just use the coupler works good for me
:rockon: :rockon:

Back