Northern Aroostook questions

pipdviper

Still planning to leave this week for Maine. We'll be delayed till Sat though. How are the conditions What are the gas prices. If there about the same as here theres no sense in me bringing any along. Wish I could make the TY ride up there but we won't be coming through till Sunday afternoon sometime.

conditions are great. try to ride around Portage, Eagle Lake, and up towards Ft. Kent(less traffic) fuel prices are around $3.50-$4.00 depending on where you go. try to stay on ITS TRAILS and you wont have a problem getting fuel. there are a lot of logging roads people are running but lead to nowhere. You will go 60 miles and come to a dead end, it's odd. they are awesome to run, but fuel is nowhere in sight. If you are familiar with Maine, disregard my comments. I don't ride Maine as much as I do Northern VT.

gas is not that high, it is a little higer than the national average all the time as we are a boarder state, all towns close to the boarder are 10-20c higher, why , cause they can, why, cause its still cheaper than canada.

too bad your driving clear to fort for riding, most of the good riding is milinocket north, your driving three hours through the good stuff up to the end of it.

great riding all over, we have tons of snow and there is more coming friday.

how long you up for?

that is for premium fuel. hopefully some more people can guide you to some more good riding. i have only ridden in that tipity top portion of Maine. I guess it looks like if you go south to millinocket you will get great riding as well. all depends on how many miles you want to ride from Ft Kent. Good luck

BETHEVIPER said:
gas is not that high, it is a little higer than the national average all the time as we are a boarder state, all towns close to the boarder are 10-20c higher, why , cause they can, why, cause its still cheaper than canada.

too bad your driving clear to fort for riding, most of the good riding is milinocket north, your driving three hours through the good stuff up to the end of it.

great riding all over, we have tons of snow and there is more coming friday.

how long you up for?

I would love to save the 3 hours drive but ummmmmm, well, we stayed in Kent 2 years ago and my wife liked it there so we have to stay there again !! Were leaving Saturday afternoon and its like 14 hours so well get there Sunday morning. we are leaving to come home The following Sunday around noon. Our plans were to leave down here tomorrow but a good friend of ours son just passed away monday. He was 10 so we are staying home for the service. and leaving afterwards.

sorry to hear.
if your going to be through houlton on sunday morning, park the truck and go with us. you will be driving by.

we will be there at 8, mcguire motorsports.

Well, found a hole this morning! Sucked my whole sled off the trail and buried it into the hood! Lucky a group came along and helped me out!

nuf snow for ya.
i knew you were coming up so i ordered another foot just for you.

try to get someone to take you over to the trains in the woods. i think they are over by chamberland lake. ask around.

hope to make it over to them this year.

you must do the boarder trail, the lake view power line is great too.

Thanx for the xtra snow! Guess were supposed to get more tonight. We took the power line 2 years ago. Hope to get over there tomorrow. Was at lakeview today.

Back