Constance bay Radar Run - March 22nd (last call)

YamerDown

Hey Bender,

Anything planned radar wise for Feb ?

If not, do you know someone with a gun and we can do our own thing?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi guys! Is there usually any organize event at Constance Bay? You mentioned getting there by the Ottawa river. But you can't get get across downtown and the rapids further down...

I will now better this weekend, i will check to see if they have the track plowed. The river i heard was pretty awsome i have a buddy that has been coming down the river from the city for a month now and it takes him less than 20 minutes to get to my house by the river just stay close to the edge. I see people crossing the river everywhere. Its just not that safe closer to the dam. I think they are planning in March to have a big event, the boys from northbay want to come down.
Yammer i can't believe you don't remember Hurricane Dave ( YamaDoo ) Its the old mach chasis with a RX1 supercharged. Last year his top speed in 3000 feet was 177. This year in North bay he got a 172 in 2000 but lost traction and blew his track. I think the world record is 177 in a full body sled and he is not far off. Hes trying for the 200mph in 3000. I'm going to send you a PM with information.

Last edited:
Hey PhatboyC

You would have to unload at the carling marina and go from there. The events in the Bay are are just a bunch of guys that get together, radaring and freiendly heads up drag racing. Last year at one day there must have been 150 to 200 people there. They do have a big dog award they give away every year. This year the rules are from a dead stop the fastest sled in 1000 feet under 128inch track full body no power adders, all motor. To give the guys that can't afford the power adders. I will send you PM with information.

Ok Bender, I know who you are talking about now. Just the way the guy said it sound like he was someone with a tricked out SRX for me to try and beat. Guess I misunderstood, lol. I only got to see him run once last year cause I got there too late. Anyway, thanks for the info and link.

BenderSRX said:
I think the world record is 177 in a full body sled and he is not far off. Hes trying for the 200mph in 3000.

I'm missing something here. According to this new thread the record is 144mph for full body?

Thats different they are running 1000 feet. In Northbay the last couple of years guinness book of worl records has been there and they run 2000 feet i will send you a link to see some of the action.

hey bender i'm really interested in coming out to, Would like to see what it'll do now. If you know the dates could you pm me, I got a few buddies that would also love to come out to. thanks

Thats cool SRX7, well the track was plowed last sunday in front of the house but no one was running. I Had a little accident on Friday and fell off mt sled and broke my collar bone so i'm pretty much done for the season. I will let you guy know when they do run.

WTF did you do? That sucks! Guess I'll wait until the boys are out in March. Hell I still have clutched mine yet and I've got the pipes off again, lol.

Hopefully I'll get it dialed in this weekend. That the plan anyway.

Get well man! Hope your beer arm is still working.

Well i was on a road and corner came up pretty quick and i locked up the brakes and it caught somthing while dooing a little fish tale and bucked me off, i landed on my shoulder and head.
I have been working at home this week and the track was just plowed, last weekend they went to hawksbury and i heard the track was really bumpy. I think this might be the weekend.
Oh i forgot not even a scratch on the sled.

I just saw a poat on hardcore sledder they are aiming for Sunday, might be a track for 1000 to for some friendly heads up drag racing

Bender, sounds similar to my little accident. I broke mine Jan.9 and am healed well enough to ride right now. Rode 70 miles on Saturday in an an hour and 15 minutes here in N. Illinois. Heading for Togwotee Lodge next Thursday. Gotta keep that horse collar on and try not to move it if you can. Hell, I couldn't even SHAVE LOL! Hang in there, it'll heal.

Dave

This Sunday? Holly cow, I barely got started on clutching. Guess I'll have to take it out tonight and see how close my last change got me. Also need to test that jetting.

Any chance you'll make it? I mean standing on the side lines at least? You know ;):D

I need a TY'er to keep me honest, lol.

Last edited:

Back