"gwinn marquette area" & seney

amatosrx

VIP Life Member
i will be riding in this area sunday and monday what are the conditions like. who else will be up that way. i will also be in curtis and seney on saturday.

Conditions in Curtis and Seney are good on the trails (as seen by driving by), haven't had a chance to check off trail yet. We just had a little blizzard go thru on Sunday, so watch out for drifting if you're on a trail that hasn't been groomed.

Im heading to Marquette Monday-Friday! The trails around Gwinn were great a week ago when I was up for the TY ride.

I must be spoiled :) Our trails (Negaunee) haven't really been great all season. They are however very rideable. Many of the corners are pretty much just ice with a little snow cover tossed in. I do think it is better when you get away from Negaunee.

I was out by Gwinn last weekend. There were a few rocks turned up on the trail between here and there. Some of the rocks were pretty big. But still plenty of snow to ride and enjoy. Off trail hasn't been good enough to risk going somewhere unfamiliar. Most of the typical hill climbs/play areas in between have been ridden hard.

I am always up (down) that way. :) We ride out to crossroads pretty often on Sundays. There is also a little gravel pit out by Goose Lake that we hit. Probably not enough snow in the pit tho.

thanks for the updates guy's i can't wait till i go up. my cabin is about 8 miles south of little lake on m-77 in lathrop.

2stroken said:
I hope that SRX doesn't blow up!

Did you get the ride height thing squared away?

I hope you aren't jinx-ing me! I dind't mess with it. It rides good so why change it? I'll take my shock wrenches if I need to mess with it. I figure I'll be too busy trying to hold onto the handle bars to notice if the ride is smooth or not!

tried the goo gone. tried heat. All of the other stickers came off great. These are like a paper almost. You get a corner and it's just a little flake. I haven't given up hope. I figure I'll only be using the taller windshield if I'm getting too much wind. I will say one thing that the low windshield doesn't stop much powder from coming over!

dnale said:
tried the goo gone. tried heat. All of the other stickers came off great. These are like a paper almost. You get a corner and it's just a little flake. I haven't given up hope. I figure I'll only be using the taller windshield if I'm getting too much wind. I will say one thing that the low windshield doesn't stop much powder from coming over!
Ive have just the opposite problem. I put on a taller windy and now the when I blast through the deep snow or drifts, the snow hits me right in the face!! lol
It does block the wind alot better on the long UP straight-aways. :brr

That is the mid height windshield. The Vmaxes had a tall windshield on them. After several nights out almost lost off trail and subzero temps, I will take my not cool tall windshield anytime. How is the custom thumbwarmer control? remember the original dial is the master and the thumb dial is just a trim. If you turn the original dial all the way down, you won't get any heat from the thumb warmer. That thumbwarmer just always burnt my thumb.

Nathan from the North Store in Wolf Inn just said they ended up with 2' of fresh snow from sundays dump!!!!!!!! Now is the time to ride :)

2stroken said:
That is the mid height windshield. The Vmaxes had a tall windshield on them. After several nights out almost lost off trail and subzero temps, I will take my not cool tall windshield anytime. How is the custom thumbwarmer control? remember the original dial is the master and the thumb dial is just a trim. If you turn the original dial all the way down, you won't get any heat from the thumb warmer. That thumbwarmer just always burnt my thumb.

Worked great on the couple of miles I put on it. The "mid" windshield will certainly be going along. I might get one nighttime cold run and boom it will be back on. I hope to God I never have to do a lost in the woods sub-zero night.:eek:

Bushman said:
Nathan from the North Store in Wolf Inn just said they ended up with 2' of fresh snow from sundays dump!!!!!!!! Now is the time to ride :)

I sure hope some of that sticks around for next week!

We are supposed to get another 4-7" today (Thursday) and 1-4" tomorrow. It is coming down pretty good right now in Newberry.

Back