viper in grass

nodoo_s

i have an 02 viper, 1.25 track, hc, lp roller w/43 helix, pol b/s at 110 twist, grey hc primary spring, 21/38 gearing. My question is i will be running some friends in the grass for 660. I dont want to change alot but what can i do to run a little quicker in the grass. I do have a 47 and a 46/36 helix to try. Can i loosen up the twist on the secondary to get a little quicker run? any help would be great.

change gears to atleast 19/38, lower the sled front and rear. get some straps from a cat dealer that they use to strap the suspension down when they ship sleds. they should have hundreds. wrap one each around your front shock with the spring backed off. this will hold the spring in and not let the ski fall out on launch. leave radius rods just above straight.

use a helix with a steeper starting angle as you sled will have little load on it with those lower gears.
change your jetting for the day, a viper will use 135-140 mains depending on temps, use atleast 52.5 pilots, and raise your needles one clip.

this will get you within 7-10 sleds of a firecat :o|

BTV
Thanks for the reply but i was hoping of maybe some simple things like if decreasing secondary twist gives you a little more. any other help

I guess it depends on how much you want to win! The more prep and testing you do, the better your chances of winning. I would do the things BTV recommended. You want a stock Viper to shift at 8300 at the start and be turning 8500 as you cross the finish line. I'd run the 47 helix you have, yes backing off the secondary twist will help. Tune the rpms with the primary, keep adding weight untill you achieve the rpms recommended. Then add a little more to see if it will pull it. If the rpms fall off out of the power band then take some weight out. That way you'll know your giving her all she can take! Also run the transfer rods down (less transfer you'll get plenty of traction on the grass), you only want enough transfer to pull the ski's a couple inches. Any more and your just wasting horse power lifting the sled instead of moving it forward.

Back