Warmest snocross helmet?

I have a HJC and a KBC and the KBC is much better. Goggles fill almost all of the opening and not as cold as the HJC

If you tape the vents they should all be plenty warm. I have no issues with my HJC AC-X2... I have all of the vents taped (from the inside).

Anyone looked at the Bell Moto 7R or 8? Looks warm. I kinda like the way the goggle opening looks more closed in then most. Wish I could find one local to take a look.

um......ya...... thus the question. I realize they aren't warmer than a closed face, but I assume there are some that are closed off more than others that produce a tighter seal with goggles.

My HJC is pretty good but I found that the size of the goggles and wearing different thickness facemasks makes a big difference. Bigger goggles and thick mask and I have ridden well below zero (F) with no coldness at all.

The new HJC helmets have a formed face piece that when combined with the proper goggles, give a fully enclosed face. The goggles are made to use with that style of helmet. I ride with a few people that have them. We have been riding at -25Dehgrees C and they have had 0 issues. They really like them. Look at the HLC website and check out the snowmobile helmets.

ajviper said:
If you tape the vents they should all be plenty warm.

I agree.

now I see your point about the goggles and how much of a gap or not they have. MY advice is bring your goggles along, and see which ones fit the goggles just right.

Any gaps can and probably will lead to frostbite if you are not careful.

I got lucky I guess. My Lazer MX helmet fits my smith goggles with the extra faceguard pieces perfectly.

Use HJC for about 3 years myself. I was very skeptical but have grown up on MX bikes so I wanted to ry it. This is my second. (wanted a different design to match sled) My best suggestions would be if you are a bit of a sissy when it comes to cold, they sell a elastic clothe enclosure skirt (Dennis kirk) this seals off the area of your chin. I did this for a girl she loved it. The other suggestion is good goggles with quick straps. Also get a good face mask. I myself like the light weight and visor. When using an open face you do NOT have as much feild of vison. Thats probably the biggest down fall.

Been using an HJC CLX-4 for 3 yrs. I got a Klim balaclava last year and it works great! It has a slightly smaller eye opening and seals against my Scott goggles very well. Also has Windstopper on the front of the neck. Combine it with Quik Straps and I think it's a perfect setup! Rode a 5 day bagger trip last year and it was -25 the first day. No problems!!

I added padding to the temple area of the cheek pads on my HJC. It cuts down in the wind that gets inside the helmet and keeps snow from building up in the ear pockets in powder snow.

I switched my googles to a pair of OTG (over the glasses) so that I could wear sunglasses during the day and I could have clear lenses at night. I noticed that the googles were actually a bit larger and filled in the gaps on my HJC. They seemed to keep me a bit warmer and I felt that I had better periphery vision as well.

Back