Munising area

Deadsled

I don't usually post because I don't have much to say. But, the snow is the best I have seen in the Munising area right now. I drive there to work everyday and there is a ton of fresh powder. Just an FYI. The weather is supposed to be pretty nice here for the weekend too.

I just came in off the trails between Negaunee and Mnt Marquette. Best I have seen the trails this year. Also fresh groomed.

There is mid-chest deep snow off trail southeast of Grand Marais. Has to be right around 4 feet deep on the level. If you go, bring a friend, cause if you get stuck you are S.O.L.

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! I'm headed there in 3 more hours!!!!!!! We will be staying at the Terrace motel if anyone else is going to be in the area!! How's the Marquette area look? We want to head to Big Bay but hate riding the humpty dumpty snirt to get around Marquette

Last edited:
Marqutte areas really good at least it was last weekend and we got another 10 in. sunday so it should be great now

hey just wondering how the snow is in the Wakefield area? heading there tomorrow for a couple days.. any good boondockin spots left out there??? thanks
-dru

Rode from the bridge over to marquette this weekend and trails were awesome. Even through munising the trails were flat. Not many people out there.

paulw said:
Rode from the bridge over to marquette this weekend and trails were awesome. Even through munising the trails were flat. Not many people out there.

Anybody talked to the hotel/motel owners about how the season is going?
Wandering if the midwests dreary economy as well as fuel costs have put the hurt on the season.

Spoke with a lady at one of the gas stations in Paradise. She said its been dead. She also said they see very few families out riding.

There has been alot of snow in other places down south, so people didn't have to make the longer journeys up north this year to ride.

Back