A little red head action....

Srxspec

Your #1 performance shop!
Website
www.ulmerracing.com
Just some pictures of the install of a set of SLP pipes on a 2000 Mtn Max 700 from last weekend. Next will be reeds and maybe some Mrviper porting!

SXRedHead001.jpg

SXRedHead002.jpg

SXRedHead003.jpg

SXRedHead004.jpg

SXRedHead005.jpg

SXRedHead006.jpg

how does it sound?I've heard that slp is the quietest,but wondered what the tone was like.Bender's are louder, but sure have a cool sound.

redheads rule!!! im thinking about putting a set on my mm but i heard some bad things about them like bad gas mileage and alot of tuneing but it maybe worth it for an extra 25 horsepower!

Bad mileage is a fact most I've spoken with running pipes are getting 8-10 mpg at best.I doubt that tuning would be that bad as there is plenty of proven combos seeing that these have been around a while.

I have SLP's on mine and the milage actually didn't change much. I ended up with stock needles and 145m straight across. Really not much of a change at all.

The sled had 1700 miles on it and looked like brand new yet. You could've set it on teh show room it was that clean! Ran it the whole weekend in the Black Hills and it's working great. Good fuel mileage and runs awesome.

!

damn those are sexy. LOL. I have the same pipes and they are wayyyy louder than the Bender's. I have the old style silencer though.....And yes my mileage took it in the a$$. I went from about 13-14 to around 9-10. I run 147.5 mains. Wish mine was still that clean!!!!

Last edited:
Dave_Vmax600 said:
do those pipes fit with reverse? i want a set of pipes but i dont want to ditch my reverse.

SLP says that they won't, but I had them on with my reverse before the new tunnel and they were fine.

Back