this sucks

96bluext

anyone know a source for the factory style foam runners/pads that go alongside the tunnel. they are for a 96 600 xt. yamaha discountinued them I found out yesterday. dont want to spend 60 or so for aluminum rivet type!
94-96 are different than newer ones

hey guy,
that isn't what i am looking for but how much??? what color. what I am trying to describe is what your foot actually lays on. they are foam, come in red/blue/etc. bottom side is adhesive??

You can call Highlands Yamaha in Countryside, Il. they most likely still have them in stock 708-246-4003.

mtn sxr,
i think you are talking of the strips inside the tunnel that the track wears against, they protect the heat exchangers? if so than I'll pass. thanks for the help though.

EDUNN69 THANKS FOR THE TIP...I'LL CALL TODAY

Just spend the money and get the alum. ones, they are so much better for one they dont peel off and they dont freeze when you get off for a little bit of time. I have had both and alum. is way worth the money. just my .02

Tunnel Protectors

96bluext said:
mtn sxr,
i think you are talking of the strips inside the tunnel that the track wears against, they protect the heat exchangers? if so than I'll pass. thanks for the help though.

EDUNN69 THANKS FOR THE TIP...I'LL CALL TODAY

That's exactly what they are, I guess they're useless. Actually they're dust collectors taking up space right now. If you or anyone you know want's them, they can have them for free if they cover the shipping.

-Jon

Thanks For The Help Guys. Maybe I'll Open The Wallet A Little More For The Aluminum Ones.

98srx6,
you're right. a friend of a friend has got them. I swung by on the way home....nice!!! his are black coated on a 95 vmax

Hey Topgunnsrx
Those Are The Same The Dealer Has But Unfortuneately They Are Different Beginning In 97. The Width At The Front And Rear As Well As The Length They Told Me. I Thank You For The Tip Though

Where a good place to see these aluminum ones you guys are talking about? My mm700 has the foam ones and they are awful. I checked out the above post but they don't show my application and haven't emailed me back yet.

Last edited:
Here is a picture from the net of rox sled treads installed on a viper.

Do a search on google or yahoo for Rox Sled Treads to find a dealer, or just wait for Custom Concepts to e-mail you back.

Attachments

• yamaha5.jpg
    yamaha5.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 65

Back