TY Mileage (Season 2007-08) Glinfam

glinfam

VIP Member
Feb 28 ride planning to leave Constance bay at 5;00 am fri 29th to go around algonquin park and back to Constance bay in one shot 1200 kms in less than 24hr. riders are in the snow joe and mike 98 (glinfam) 2003 rx1 I will photo speedo and make live calls to bendersrx

Well for some of you guys that do not know, the tour Glinfam is doing is called the RAP Tour. I just got off the phone with Glinfam and they left at 5am this morning from Constance Bay and it was -28C thats -18.4F. I got off the phone with him at 9:30am and they were in Barrys Bay Ontario. It took them 3.5 hours, he said that they could only drive about 90kms an hour because it was just too cold. He said so far the trails are mint not even a ripple so far. I will try and find a map of the tour they are doing.
Stay tuned for the next update. Picture will follow when they get back.

http://www.ottawavalley.org/archives/rapmap.pdf

Here is a copy of the Map. You will notice Barry's Bay that was the first stop they came from the east about 250kms and are going to be doing the whole circle to Pettawa then 200kms east to Constance Bay. Which i could be on the ride, that would have been an awsome test for the ported SRX.

Last edited:
Update

Just heard they are in Dorset, which i think is in between Minden and Bracebridge and so far he has 360kms since this morning.

I just heard from the boys, all is good so far they are in Powassin, where the snow is low, so far they have about 570kms (thats around 360miles) since 5am this morning. So far the trails have been mint until they got to Powassin.

PS in about an hour they will have more kms in this one trip (1 day) than "thebayviper" who is buddy and a new member on the site. LOL

Last edited:
The boys have checked in they are in Stoneclift, they got through the rough spots where there was no snow. 749kms (450miles) so far since this morning, The sleds are still running (The second sled is a MachZ1000) and the trail from Mattawa to Stonecliff was mint. Next stop Pembroke for Fuel. These guys are ANIMALS :rockon:

We made it back to Constance bay at 4;00 Sat morn went by benders yama cabin to check in have a pint get home hop in the hot tube and unwind the trip was 23 hours with atotal of 1027 kilometers only about 30 kilometers of bad trail due to lack of snow in the Powassan area , but for anyone who snowmobiles in Ontario thats as good as it gets. Over all if your are looking to do the RAP touring it is 98% amazing Use your head when you get to Powassan and you will get through that area no problem. This is a trip that I have benched race about doing for years with a few different friends it is definately going to be a tale thats told many by Joe and I several times over many Coronas. I am not very computer savy so thanks to bendersrx for helping me out and opening me up to this new form of bench racing , looking forward to adding more later (glinfam)

Back