Degree Of Twist In SX700 Secondary?

sledrider_ny

Can anyone tell me where to set my secondary spring on a SX700 with Turks trail clutching set up?

97-99 SX700 Trail

51/43 Helix, stock weights w/4.5g rivet in 1st hole and 3.1g in tip, 2-3 engagement shims, stock springs, 1 or 2 layers removed from head gasket and 22/40 gearing. Jetting: 142.5 mains

Sledrider, thats the same set-up i ended up running last year except for the gearing , 8ab weights 3.1,4.5tip and i installed the tempaflow.....all good but seems to shift up to quick thinking about trying a different helix, suggestion from Mr.Sled instead of the 51/43 to a 48/43?

anyone else with a rock'in good set-up they could suggest? Gearing? ect...
thanks CP

Last edited:
Toss them stock weights in your parts pile and throw in a set of 8CA's witl a little tip wieght (2.4) I lost as little on top but can smoke most anything 0 to 80

YEP HERE IS ONE !!
8CA WEIGHTS
PURPLE/ VIOLET BENDER PRIMARY
52/42 HELIX @ 2-6 OR 70 DEGREE
GREEN SXr 700 SECONDARY SPRING. !! 3:16 (tony)

Ahhh, I have a G/P/G or P/G/P (forgot) that comes in about there....Dont realy like it for trail use....Where is Webster ? I'm in Weastern Mass, bout an hour from Albany....

Coldplay97 said:
Sledrider, thats the same set-up i ended up running last year except for the gearing , 8ab weights 3.1,4.5tip and i installed the tempaflow.....all good but seems to shift up to quick thinking about trying a different helix, suggestion from Mr.Sled instead of the 51/43 to a 48/43?

anyone else with a rock'in good set-up they could suggest? Gearing? ect...
thanks CP

Hows your holeshot with that setup? I tested this morning and the holeshot bites! Rolling start it rips. Roosted about an acre of hay on those runs! I hit about 75 on the speedo in less than 400 feet from the rolling starts but from a holeshot it struggled to get to 70. Engagement seems weak. Its coming in at about 4400 with two shims in the primary. I'd like to get it up to 46-4700 but I doubt one more shim will do that. Any suggestions?

MrSled said:
sledrider ny, what exactly are you running in the sled?? what sled and year???

Its a 98 XTC 700, I'm running turks trail setup that I listed above.

51/43 Helix, stock weights w/4.5g rivet in 1st hole and 3.1g in tip, 2-3 engagement shims, stock springs

this is what I posted for you in another post...way better for what you want....you can run that same helix but the 48/42 is better on the trail....the 51/43 will pull a tad harder
8ab w/2.7g in both holes, YSY primary spring, 48/43 helix, stock sec spring at 70

Sounds like a plan. The Big East Show is tomorrow here in NY so I'll be placing another order with Maxximum Perf. while I'm there. Weights, spring and rivets have been added to the list of goodies. Thanks man!

sledrider, haven't been on in a while, your right about the out of hole, i had track issues, severe jumping on cog drivers and i am planning on adding the outside drives, my sled had idlers...purchased the suspension video and manual and i have to make adjustments to my control rod settings as well...

The rolling holeshot was awesome and quick...will be going to the 48/42 Mr. Sled suggested i feel the 51/43 is a better drag helix set-up than trail...i am planning on maybe, gearing 22/40 but i am still planning that out....

The 8ab weights are night and day better than stock, that Mr. Sled recommends, the forces applied are at different rpm's which make them better, or 8ca weights...

Where in upstate are you from....CP

Back