Dayco Ultimax II

S

srx_eh

I picked up a couple of new Dayco Ultimax II belts (138-4432) which I believe fits my 98' SRX, ...but I noticed with the spacer out the belt sits just below the sheaves on the driven. According to the shop manual the stock 8DN belt when new should be 1.5mm above the sheaves. Does anybody know what the rules are here for Dayco belts on the SRX, ...do I have the wrong belt?

That is the correct belt. The 8dn should be run flush or a hair above the sheaves. The Dayco is a 1/4 inch longer so it should be above the sheaves. When you say spacers do you mean the washers on the belt deflection bolts. If so you want to add washers to tighten the belt deflection. Or you could buy a adjuster and do away with the bolts and washers, much easy to adjust.

Thanks, ...yes I'm using the washers on the deflection bolts. I've got the machine on a stand now and with the washers in and a brand new dayco belt installed after running the machine, ...I'm pretty much flush with the sheave, ...maybe ever so slightly over. This setup doesn't allow for any future wear adjustment though, unless I go to thicker washers.(?)

Back