'02 viper vs '99 xc 700??

mopar1rules

I have a '02 viper w/aaen pipes, speedwerx head, er hi-tech roller clutch, heavy hitter weights, carbon tech reed petals, 1-1/4 ripsaw, and fresh motor (only 620 miles). well, this idiot at work, (one who said you gain 15hp on killswitch removal) said that his '99 xc 700 w/boost bottle, v-force 3 reeds, epi helix, epi secondary spring, and 196 studs in his stock track, that also has 4600 miles on it, will take the viper. I just want some honest opinions and feedback from you guys. are these xc 700's really fast? I've been asking him to line 'em up then, but he's too scared. he doesn't want to now.

:jump:

i would say no even close, the xc's are strong runners but not when you have what you have done to your viper. i would think you should beat him pretty good.

it will depend on who the better tuner is. The xc are strong runners when tunned.
If you have set your up properly and all the changes are working good you will win.

nodoo_s said:
i would say no even close, the xc's are strong runners but not when you have what you have done to your viper. I would think you should beat him pretty good.

the xc700 is not that fast as delivered. unless he had twin pipes, or even a nice single on it, you should nto have any issues.

you have a bit done to your yami. I would expect it to go pretty well.

heck, my 00 stock motored xc600sp (first year of VES) can run down the big blocked 700s down easily, precisely why I bought the 600 and not the 45th anniversary xc700 with the remote adjustable skid shock. while the 700 could make a lot of power, in stock form it did not.

plus if I wanted, I could make an honest 140hp pretty easy on mine with not much work.

you should crush him pretty well unless you are tuned TERRIBLE lol!! should be an even run if you were stock I would think

i would be willing to bet he would get you up until 55-60 then youll pull away.my neighbor had that exact sled.it would beat all the local guys up to that speed until our third cylinder kicked in!!!then see ya!

if he says that his sled can take yours,,,,, ASK HIM if you can get a BAG of the ShIt he's SMOKING??????

nosboy said:
if he says that his sled can take yours,,,,, ASK HIM if you can get a BAG of the ShIt he's SMOKING??????

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

these are the exact replys that I wanted to hear. this viper seems to be tuned in pretty well. ran 126 mph on dream-o-meter. will pull 115-118 mph on dream-o-meter consistantly.

I have been told that mine was a fast stocker by my dealer. got 117 on the dream meter a few weekends ago. look in my sig for the mods. basically clutch and a can, which should be losing power. 8400 miles and still hauling the mail :)

Noticed you have a roller secondary. I thought those backshifted too easy and killed the top end a bit. Just a thought, but if you are doing flat out ice runs 5000' yoiu may want the non-roller style.

Back