f7 vs srx

Re:

YES ME !! THOUSANDS OF THEM . FIRST THE NORMAL ONES IN THE GENREAL SNOWMOBILE PUBLIC ARE DOGS AND A SRX WILL EAT IT UP. THE ONES RUNNING LEGAL ISR ON THE GRASS FLY AND HAVE KNOCKED THE SRX OUT OF THE PICTURE. THE ONES YOU SEE KICKING ASS ON THE LAKES ARE F-8,s !! HOPE THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION !! 3:16 (tony)

ISR IS THE SANCTIONING BODY BEHIND SNOWMOBILE RACING. THIS GOVERNING BODY MAKES THE RULES IN ALL FORMS OF SNOWMOBILE RACING. THEY DICTATE WHAT LEGAL AND ILLEGAL IN ALL THE CLASSES. F7,s THAT ARE RACE PREP UNDER ISR RULE ARE GROSSLY FASTER THAN THE ONES YOU SEE ON THE TRAIL. 3:16 (TONY)

thank you

well i cant wait have a new 02 srx was on an 98 srx got my ass kick by the home town boys with thier 600 pol then went to an r1 was even fair after that however after rolling the rx1 i am back with an srx every tells me my 1st srx was not right i did spend a lot to try to make run right but gave it up for the rx1 i hope this srx is better

Check out the clutch setups on the tech page and to make your sled really fast use them and make small adjustments until everything seems to be perfect.

If you specify where you are riding/racing and the conditions, there are alot of guys here that have experience on that sled and can help you make it faster.

out on the trails or lakes stock against stock the srx should kick ass, but the guys racing F7's in ISR rules have alittle more under the hood than the general public. I wish Yamaha would do that for us.

Buster696 and SXR-Mark were both there when my SXR (with the pipes) cleaned up on F-7's and 2 out of 3 runs against a single F-8. The F-8 rider got off after my 2nd win and shook my hand and said he had never been beat by anyone and never ever by a Yamaha. I had a blast that day, my sled was a happy ride that day. We all ran 20 sleds in a row run after run and it was a blast. Doug

HEY NY SXR700, I,LL RUN YA THIS WINTER WITH MY SRX. I KNOW YOU DON,T RUN STUDS SO I,LL RUN YA WITH MY 02 SRX AT OUR AIR STRIP. I DON,T HAVE STUDS IN THAT EITHER. !! 3:16 (tony)

I'll be there, even more this year. I am looking at houses in Webster right now. So, this year I can ride out my front door!!! The only SRX's I beat last year was a 98' and a few 01's that were not tuned right. Jr. Grouse's SRX still crushes me from start to finish. That thing pulls me every time. I was hoping for a new skid and track but the house is a must and I have to put my new sled parts on hold. See you at the sponge or at Jacoby's. If you know of any houses near the trail in web/pen/wal/ont in the under 120K range I need a house yesterday with 2 car garage and basement. With two golden retrievers and all the toys and welding gear and wrenching I do, renting and condos/town houses are out of the question (we won't even get into the surround sound sub's). Doug

THEIR ARE HOUSE,s ALL OVER OUT HERE. ESPECIALLY NEW ONES BEING BUILT ON THE TRAIL. SOMEBODY BUILT A HOUSE ON AIRSTRIP. ANYWAYS I WILL BE AT JACOBEYS WITH MY 00 SRX AND 95 800 V MAX 4. ARE YOU RACING THERE ? I WON,T RUN AT SPONGE,s. DRINKING GOT WAY OUT OF HAND LAST YEAR. LOOKING FORWARD TOO RACING YOUR SXr WITH MY 02 SRX. 3:16 (tony)

I have played around with my buddy on his f7. My sled isn't setup right off the line but he can take me off the line and I do believe I can take him down in the top. I have a set of transfer rods so I hope it'll be different this year.

hotrodd, maybe if you do some tinkering with your clutching and/or gearing you could take your buddy off the line and top end.

DOUG, I REMEBER RACING GROUSE AT CRANBERRY WITH MY 00 SRX. I ALSO RACED HIM AT OUR AIRSTRIP. I DON,T RECALL BEING BEAT BY HIM. I KNOW I CRUSHED HIM ON THE ICE. I ALSO BEAT THE GUY WITH THE ZR 800 THAT LIVES ON CRANBERRY WHO NOW HAS A RED F-7. NOW IN ALL FAIRNESS THOSE GUYS WERE NOT SET-UP LIKE I WAS FOR THE ICE. I WENT THERE LAST YEAR TOO RACE THAT F-7 WITH SOFA-KING- FAST BUT WAS LEARY ABOUT RUN,IN IN DARK. I,LL RUN THEM FOR SHURE THIS YEAR OR AT JACOBEYS !! 3:16 (tony)

Then there is your answer. If you got by Jason then your gonna walk all over me. But, I will still run I don't care if you win I love to line up. It's just way more fun when I look back after the fiinish line not forward. :) Doug

DON,T KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN UNTIL WE RUN. BESIDES THIS IS MY 02 SRX NOT MY 00. ALSO I HAD A BETTER SET-UP FOR ICE RACING THAT DAY, THOSE GUYS RAN THE LONG HAUL , I WAS SET-UP FOR 660. 3:16 (tony)

Back