Updating headlight on 99 SX7 to duel style

TY2185

I know the electrical needs to be updated. Anyone do this upgrade or point me in the direction to someone that has?

You will need quite a bit of stuff, beside the pod. CDI, Stator, harness and so on...might be better off finding a totaled SX-R 01, the ignition on the duel headlight model fires the engine defferent then the older style too...

Sounds like alot of work and money.....I think i would just choose to live with the poor lighting of the older pro-action sleds.

its not worth it for the cost, what I would do is get a xenon boosted 100/55 headlight and replace the tail light with a led bulb and your light will not dim with the brake and will have the best light possible in the old proaction single chasis.

MrSled said:
its not worth it for the cost, what I would do is get a xenon boosted 100/55 headlight and replace the tail light with a led bulb and your light will not dim with the brake and will have the best light possible in the old proaction single chasis.

Thanks for the reply. I knew about the Xenon and the LED tail.
I was hoping someone came up with somthing else since the last time I researched this. Thanks again MrSled

another option to power that bigger bulb is to have your stator rewound. dirt bikes have it done alot. check out a dirt bike mag and there will be like a dozen people doing it. i got a quote when i was going to do my srx, 125$, i sent him(stator king)a picture of the stator and a spec sheet on its output from the manual. he said he could increase the output atleast 20% maybe more. most stators are under wound.

another option is some guys are using some sort of boosted florecent or some dam thing. do a search in here and on yamahainfo.com also

TY2185, i went the way of silverstars and the led taillight, advanced auto or pepboys the light is the h4 std for a motorcycle 65w for $25 and $6 for the led...works great, good luck CP

I tried the HID it worked great but it only had low beams. They do make HID bulbs now that have high and low beams but they are pricy. You also have to run a battery and I never really got the charging system figured out. So I gave up and went back to the xeon bulb.

Back