rx1 vs srx

tooold

whats the story I am a former rx1 owner but never ran srx the rx1 guys claim they are faster than the old srx,s I could beat my buddies 04 800ho rev with my rx1 every time how will my 02 srx do :flag:

The srx will top end the rx1.I had an 02 srx 700 with 300 miles on it last year which was totally stock,i raced my friends 04 rx1 also totally stock.Niether sled had studs.We ran them down a lake 2-3 times for about a half mile.Race # 1-We both hammered the gas and the rx1 took about a 4 sled length lead out of the hole as my srx sat there and spun the track,the rip saw track hooks up way better from a dead stop.At the end of the run i caught and barley passed the rx1 in the half mile.Race #2-I learned from the first race and didnt hammer the gas wide open,i eased into the gas to control my track spin and ran even with the rx1 out of the hole,by mid track i started pulling away,by the end of the 1/2 mile i was about 5-6 sled lengths in front of the rx1.I weigh 195 on the srx,he weighed 180 on the rx1.Race #3 had the same results as race # 2.

I have a 2001 srx and a fully broken in 2003 RX-1 (1500miles) at the time. Both 192 studs. The Rx-1 was consistently faster than the SRX. I also swithched back and forth with a lighter rider and the RX-1 still beat the SRX.

depends on the sleds and how they where broken in, some are runners, some are not, get a runner agains a slowpoke and it can go either way.

race 2 stock SRX's against each other, then switch riders and try again, repeat with RX-1's

one of them is likely to be stronger than the other, this is the phenomenon I am talking about

yup. have seen this before with old enticer 340t. my dad and uncle bought them new at same dealership on same day. my dads was faster on the lake and my uncles was the better haulin sled. they tried each others both ways many times and results where the same every time. damn i miss that sled. i know my uncles was never comression tested but my dads was by local dealer. sled was 5 yrs old with hard runnin on it and it had 20lb more compression than stock and we knew the motor had never been touched. hell the wear bars where still origonal on it at the time. :yam: :yam:

Last edited:
tooold said:
whats the story I am a former rx1 owner but never ran srx the rx1 guys claim they are faster than the old srx,s I could beat my buddies 04 800ho rev with my rx1 every time how will my 02 srx do :flag:
Have a 02 srx here with some stuff done to eat.....beats my buddys rx-1 every time!

Back