Is Cold Air Kit Worth The Money?

x2ryder

I Have A Brand New Srx 700 2002 And Was Looking And Heard About These Cold Air Kits From Hauck, Bender Maxxium And Was Wondering Are They Worth The Money? If So Who Has The Best One Or Are They All About The Same? Thanks

I have heard but have not experienced this but it was a jetting nightmare....but like I said I have not experienced this 1st hand.

98 srx

i ran a bender kit with mine. i had a ported motor(mild trail) v-force reed and spacers, cut heads, gutted air box and aftermarket silencer. i ran the suggested jetting for the options from bender and was very reliable. i recommend checking you jetting when running in cold temps just to make sure. plug checks are something to always watch if you dont have exhaust temp sensors. i liked the setup and loved the carb noise.

I hate the intake noise...but my sled runs good with the cold air kit installed. The guy who owned the sled before me did all the jetting and it is usually very consistant, so i dont know what it would take to set carbs up for running this kit.

There are people here who have run temp guages in their air boxes with and with out this kit and they note the temperature difference in a post somewhere on here. I think there is like a 50° difference between the two, so you might want to keep this in mind when seting up your sled.

srx cold air kit

I have one on my 2001 with the air box mod jetted to bender specs witch is only good for 0 degrees F.or -17 degrees C.
The noise from the air box is loud thats all you hear,I feel that it works good in trail riding conditions only, at high speeds it takes away preformance with wind turbulants coming over the wind shield plus ive lost a couple peices of foam that blew right out at high speeds.I am thinking of putting my jetting back to stock and replace the air box lid with a stock one to cut down on the noise, and when i radar run i take the cold air kit foam out and tape off the cold air kit it seams to radar faster other then all my babbling ive had no problems with the kit
:rockon: :rockon:

Last edited:
they really seem to help in the deep snow or when the hood gets covered with snow, it is able to suck air from the outside. I ride mostly in north dakota, and I think it was a good improvement. I also have a new in the box bender cold air kit, it was going to go on my 2000 srx but I sold the sled. I want $50 plus shipping let me know, thanks GETZY

Back