1995 V-max 600 Headgasket Mod?

ryanwillden

I've heard good things about doing the headgasket mod on V-max 600's. I was just curious how to do this mod, and if I will need to re-clutch, and re-jet. If so, what settings should I use with a set of PSI Twins?

I'm planning on removing the airbox baffle, and installing a set of Boyesen Reeds. Is there anything else I should do? I know I will need to run premium fuel in it when I get done as well. Is that all?

Everyone tells me I need to sell this sled and invest in a newer sled, but I don't have the money to do that right now, so any ideas or suggestions about doing these mods, or any others is greatly appreciated.

By the way, how many layers should I remove? Also, where can I get a set of reed spacers for this sled, and how much would they cost?

If memory serves me right the 95 had the thinner gasket already. I think maximum performance still sells them in different thickness. They go from like a .06, .08, 1.2 or something like that. .08 was the stocker on the 95.

The twins on 600 will be a real pain to tune. They tend to run lean in the midrange, and when you get it rich enough to keep pistons in it they get real ratty and suck fuel like nothing i've ever seen.

As for the spacers I don't think the are necessary on the twin. They work on the tripples due to a design problem where the stopper partially blocks a transfer.

Hope this helps. Ryan.

Back