00 srx modifications

2ooosrx

VIP Member
Website
www.cbperformanceparts.com
Hey guys, I am trying to think of things I can do to my srx to make it fly. I want to make it go faster be just as reliable and I am on a tight budget. How about we make some lists of modifications to do to a srx. Please help me out, I want my sled to fly.

:Moon:

Hey 99yamahasrx or anyone else, will this fit on a 2000 aswell, were there any modifications to the tunnel from 99 to 00. Does anyone know. Please I really need to know, My guess is that it will fit. Thanks for the info.

I have the same question. 2000 srx here too, bought last winter

heard from a buddy that runs with 3 other srx'ers that going to 21 tooth gear (replace 23) will make it pull more and does not drop top end. a cheap chage at about $20-$30. i will try this, drill out my can ( just for some sound) and thinking about tempaflow to lean it alittle in warmer weather.

Ramb

any comments or other suggestions?

Hey Rambunctious, two reasons why you should drill out your can:#1 I enjoy riding in Michigan and making a sled much louder than stock will get you pulled over-possibly a ticket and will eventually help ruin sledding in our great state.... I suggest a Hauck or bender can for a different sound.
#2 I may be mistaken but you might just cause a lean condition and at wot scooting across a lake or large field get to experience first hand SRX piston rebuilding 101.....

pfund28, I assume you meant two reasons NOT to drill out can.

I don't want a loud sled, just a different sound. I can't stand those piped arctic cats that go by. so if drilling out makes it a lot louder, not interested. my buddy has a can that is not made anymore and that is on the first srx i ever rode. it sounded so good ( especially gurgling down ever time you let off the gas) he found one recently on ebay and gobbled it up for his son. I don't recall who made it though but I know that is the sound i want. not louder, just better.....

and does drilling out the can lean it out. that is the last thing i want. I assume the tempaflow is calibrated correctly. if any single person has leaned out with stock jets, with tempaflowm I'm not interested. so thanks for the ping on drilling the can. I will have to hear a hauck or bender can I guess.

Ramb

Your triple will never sound like all of those annoying twins that you hear on the trail.You shouldnt drill out the stock can on an srx. There is a way to gut it but you have to take the silencer apart. From what i have heard this mod makes your sled sound good and will not cost you anything but time. I think i remember reading something about it here or at yamahainfo.com but it might be worth looking into.

Also those aftermarket cans from bender, hauck, etc will make less power than the stock one.

i dont know about the 1.25 goin on a 00 without ne problems,,, ive also got bender ts3 transfer rods also they make a huge difference..also b4 i bought my machine the previous owner did take the silencer apart and it does not sound loud at all but when u crank it up on a lake or another big stretch the sound is swaaaeeettt....

98srx6, we've hit on this in another post, but man you gotta agree losing 1-3 hp but also losing 20+ lbs is worth it!! Not to mention the better sound! (not louder though)

I have owned a 2000 SRX and now I'm back to a 2001 (after the Rx-Warrior problems) On my 2000 SRX I ran a 1.25 snowcross track. All I did was remove the two heat exchanger protecters. I did many things to my sled, and it was the fastest thing on the lake except for the Thundercat 1000. I wish I still had it, but I am setting my new 2001 up the same.

on the 00 and up srx a 1 1/4 track will not fit correctrly. You need to cut down some lugs or wear it in or take out the protectors.

Guys,

I'm curious about the mod to the silencer on the SRX's. How do you do it? ( I know that it is sound only) that is all I really want.

Silencer

Mcclan
First off I recommend the nickel plated Bender I have it on my 2000 SRX 700 and love it.(e-bay $130 almost new) To install these I completely took off all pipes and cleaned out underneath, than simply buy a spring puller($10.00 shadetree) and undo the approx 6 springs connecting that big black box to your pipes. From there take your silencer fit it in the exhaust hole and re-connect factory springs and pipes. Next start up your SRX and SMILE :WayCool: You will not be disapointed with the sound of the Bender. Good Luck

MaximaFan

Back