which sled would win?

im not real sure it would be close i might say the srx we ride with a guy who has a 98 srx 700 and his brother in law has a 98 sx 700 and they are real close i think it would be a toss up but id say the srx i think they have similar hp not to sure still going with the srx though

Depends on who's pushing the throttle...hehe
Stock for stock, the SRX600 should get it on top, it's quite a bit heavier, but a good amount of power over the SX.

who wins

I know for sure that the stock srx600 has more power than the sxr 700 because I looked at dyno numbers, but has anyone really tried this? The sxr is lighter. :?

I ran that particular race many, many times. If the 700 sx is dialed in you will have problems. I had to port my 600 srx to beat a very very well tuned 700 sx & it was not by much!

the 700sx would win I did it. I had a sxr 700 and it was faster then the srx 600 i raced on a perfict straet.

who would win...

I am going to say it depends on the race.

Hard pack lake--SRX

Field/trail sx

Depends on resistance wt & HP

MY 700 sx will hang (and sometimes beat) SRX 700 down an airstrip,but on a lake - stick a fork in me

is this really a fair comparison.
the srx is a different class sled built for speed and lake running and the sxr is built more for comfort and trail riding.
The sxr would need a little twicking to make this a fair race matbe a little clutching and reed notch or spacers.
a local yamaha wizzard said a well tuned sxr will take the srx in the trails.
maybe I will have to try this as soon as we have enough snow.
my sxr700 is ready to go.

Back