Anyone modify or change out handlbars on srx?

Rambunctious

Anyone modify or change out handlbars on srx. mine seem too close compared to when i sit on a skidoo. did not ride the doo but sure feels better when sitting. The doo bars seem to be closer to 180 deg. where the srx bars are less, (pointed rearward) makes for a difficult hard right with throttle tucked way in.

i need some change ( new bars, balls on ends, hooks, something)

what have you done.

and what about hand guards, do they get in the way? anyone like them.

Ramb

What about loosening up the 4 bolts that hold it on and rotating them up... then just twist your throttleblock and brake lever back towards you until they're comfortable!

swap them out for a set of Renthal Banshee bars. They are wider and taller. stock cables easily reach and its like have power steering. They cost $125 Canadian so like $90 US and they work great.

Take it slow when removing your grips so you can re use them, go too fast and you will break em. A heat gun works good for doing this, just take it slow...

i have a set of just what you need a set of sabercat handle bars. they have half turns on the ends and are the same length as viper bars but are straight. as they are bent i had to cut the ends off to install the throttle block and internal bar heaters. the ends were then welded back on and sport tech grips were installed(cat lookalikes)

what you get is

bars
grips
throttle block
heaters

if you are a stand up rider these are the bars for you.

100$ shipped to you

Last edited by a moderator:

Back