Clutching for trail/lake

acnas

I have a 02 Viper and want to clutch. My last ride was a 86 Phazer that had all the mods you could think of. Anyway we had clutched that thing by grinding weights. So anyway we parted ways and I got a Viper. I have read the two setups in the TY Turks setups:

53/43 Helix, Green Secondary Spring & Everything else stock

50/40 Helix, Red Heelclicker ,4.2g in heel, 1st hole empty, 4.5 G in the tip with Green Secondary Spring. Also can run a 48 or 46 initial angle & 2.4g in 2st hole and a little less in the tip.

Has anyone used these? With a new sled I dont know how close stock is or how much better it can be? I am looking for more. I like to trail ride and the usual drag on the lake with friends. You guys know how the friends can be. I dont want to purchase a aftermarket kit, never had good results in the past.

So if anyone used these setups or has any info on a kit that works or OE weights and roller setups that work great please lead me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it!!

Stock Viper does run really well but the 53/43 Helix, Green Secondary Spring & Everything else stock is a nice start to a better running viper and have heard good things....

Which company do you use for the helix? Is the spring a Yamaha spring that is listed in the parts catalog? Thanks for the response! :WayCool:

I would go with a dalton helix. The spring is a green Yamaha spring, Im not sure on the specs, but your dealer or a parts supplier should be able to help you with it...That is unless you have the same local yami dealer as me.

I've run a hauck trail kit in my vmax sx before - I was planning on buying the hauck #3 kit for the '02 viper. Which set-up would be better for the trail -- I don't do any serious racing, but I do like to go fast. I think the hauck kit claims 4-6 sled lengths in 600ft. with better bottom, middle, top end and MPH.

Alright parts are ordered! Went with pioneermotorsport seemed to be the cheapest. Now when I do this change am I leaving the twist at the stock setting of 70 degrees? Now I have stumbled across these kits:
HammerTime Dual Pivot Point Clutch Kit??? Any word on this setup?

Again thanks for the help!!!!!!!!!!! :WayCool:

Back