00 SRX - oil light flickering

hotrodd

never had a problem last year but when I started it up this summer the oil light was flickering. I heard something about certain people that ran amsoil this was a problem. I do run amsoil but hope this is nothing major. I heard anything from the wires rubbing under the hood to a sensor. Anyone else have any info. Thanks

same problem same sled

You beat me to the post. I thought it was because oil was sloshing around the sending unit. My oil level is about 2" below the full level in the oil tank. If I shake the sled around the light will go off but starts blinking again shortly after. Should we worry?

Friend of mine is doing the same thing. I think it's the sensor. He does seem to use a little more oil than he should, so we are gonna lean the pump down a touch.

GUYS GET RIGHT TOO YOUR LOCAL DEALERS. !! THIS WAS A WARRANTIE FIX AND IS LISTED IN THE 01-02 YAMAHA TECH BULLTIN MANUAL TOO REPLACE AT NO CHARGE. ITS A BAD SENSOR. I ALREADY DID MINE ON 00 SRX LAST YEAR. !! 3:16 (tony)

i dont even think the oil light on my '01 sxr works. I have had the oil down to within an inch and half or so of the bottom of the tank and it never came on. Anyway i can check to see if it even works?

For the 2000 SRX sled their was a problem with the wiring to the head light. Check with your Yamaha dealer. There was a service up-date the rerouted the wire. What was happening was that the wires under the engine were being chafed on the chassis. The wire is held by rubber coated clips and pushed into the chassis by the lower coolant hose. My 2000 had those problems, also the temp light woud sometime blink and the tach would stop working. Good, and long live the SRX

THIS IS NOT SAME PROBLEM. THIS ACTUALLY WAS UPDATE TOO OIL SENSOR. IT COVERS SRX, VIPER, SXr , IN TECH MANUAL. MY DEALER COVERED IT FOR ME AND I INSTALLED MYSELF. PROBLEM OVER!! 3:16 (tony)

Back