carb cleaning

BLUEBY

Had the viper stored at the yami dealer last spring, drained carbs, stabilized the gas ect.... Is it still necessary to get the carbs cleaned?

Mine where clean even after not draing the carbs. I just pull them out and make sure there isn't anything in there. One of those things I like to be on the safe side.

aaronstarke....you can clean the carbs yourself, its easy and cheap insurance so you should clean them every year (at least) even if they dont need it.

Look on the tech page and there are detailed pictures of all carburator parts that you will find when you take them apart.

I have had a vmax for several years now, brother/dad/friend also have a vmax. We clean them before every year. The small pilot (??) jet has been clogged every year except this one (in mine anyway) for some reason???

Anyways I think it's a must do. Doesn't take long - and if the small pilot jet is plugged I believe that will burn up a cylinder eventually (mine did that once - that's the only thing I could come up with why, I had just bought the thing and the jet was clogged upon investigation).

Back