Life of a powervalve

O's srx

VIP Lifetime Member
just wondering how long a powervalve should last before being replaced?
just checked mine on my 01srx700 and all 3 need to be replaced with only 3500 miles on the sled, is this normal? (cable pulling through slot on valve)

i had a srx 600 with 8000 miles on it when the valves needed to be changed, are these reasonable intervals?

if you dont keep them clean the valves get gummed and the cable keeps pulling till they pull through. they need a little more maintainence than the avg powervalve set up. 3500 is low but ive seen them pull through at 1000 miles. just depends on the oil used, pump settings and driving conditions. ski

cable end pulls through the end of the valve. servo motor opens up, cables pull the valves up, if the valves are gummed & they dont move, the servo keeps pulling till the valve moves (opens) or the cable pulls through the end. it occurs over time. ski

I ran my 00 srx last winter one weekend jetted two rich, gummed the pto side and it broke right where the neck meets the flat part and then slide into the top of the cylinder. Dealer says to always run ring free and that the manuel says so too. :o| One new cylinder, one new valve and was good to go.

I have 3 powervalves for sale....only have 200 miles on em. $150 includes shipping. Not sure on US price but they are $100 each CDN. Not sure if my price is high cus your parts are usually a lot cheaper. I got cables if you need em too. There are 1 long & 2 shorties. Check to see if cables are stretched or frayed.

Back