SRX600 vs SRX700 vs SX700

Henrik

So, comparingSRX 600 and SRX700 I end up with basically the same sled but slower (600). What is the SRX600 compared to sx700? Stock for stock, mod for mod. Would a SRX600 be as good a sled as the sx700 as a mod sled/renegade-ish-sometimes-deep-pow-mostly-trail???? Get the point?

A sx700 with pipes will put out 150+ hp, which dwarfs the power output of the srx600.
There are many other ways to get more power out of a sx700 without spending too much money.

With that said, I love my srx600 but the thing is heavy and has horrible suspension.

98srx6 said:
A sx700 with pipes will put out 150+ hp, which dwarfs the power output of the srx600.
There are many other ways to get more power out of a sx700 without spending too much money.

With that said, I love my srx600 but the thing is heavy and has horrible suspension.
Not with just pipes! not even close your about 15 hp to high! Still with pipes and such it still doesnt compare to the 01 srx 700

I agree with TopGunnSRX, I own both a sx 700 with PSI pipes and a 2000 SRX 700. The speeds of these two sleds arent even close. The srx takes in in every aspect of the race. Top end the srx has it by about 5-7 mph. These sleds arent even comparable. At least mine arent

I was kinda hoping that a SRX600 would beat a piped sx....but it won't. But the thing is, when it comes to reliability a stock SRX600 should beat a piped SX - or?

These are both very reliable sleds. My srx600 has over 10000 miles on the original engine and still runs very strong.

Henrik, if you are thinking about buying a srx600 and dont mind the lack of suspension, i strongly recommend it to you.

You know, I was going to go for longtravel Öhlins 46PRC font and Öhlins made for a Viper rear so susp is not the issue. I'm really after a cheap sled to start a project from and since I don't have to pipe a SRX600 (or the more expensive SRX700) to get it to perform (I mean hey, 125 horses isn't bad, not compared to the sx 108hp)...well, I thought a SRX600 might be way to go.

Now here's my plan, Mr Sled... You kinda got right on there. I'm selling the sled I have now. I'm thinking SRX6/7 or SX7. Now, Viper belly and BR Tech style hood (my buddy sells BR copies for like $250), long travel fore and rear, skid set back 4", 4" extensions and a 136" x 1 1/4" track (possibly 1.75", I love that track!). No trans-rods, just alot of weight transfer, no lights, Viper seat.... Black tunnel, blue or red hood... I'm thinking killer sled here...

I have owned 2-600 srx,s. & 2 700 sx..piped , ported & stock! Stock meaning thin head gasket, reed spacers & clutched. Your 600 sRX must be perfectly tuned to beat a good running 700 sx. If it is piped you will not even be close!!! I had to port my 99 600 srx to beat a very well tuned ported single piped 700 sx!

That doesn't seem accurate turk. 2 years ago, we were doing radar runs out on our lake. My stock srx was pulling in 115mph on hard pack. My sx700 psi triple pipe was only bringing in about 104mph. Lastly, my SRX 600 with new silencers was bringing in 109mph. Those sx 700 were not all that fast. I wish that we radar gunned my v-max 800 that year. I remember when I first got the 800, I put psi pipes on it and that winter, there was very little snow on the lake, mostly ice and my v-max 800 went 129mph on the gun. However that number was beat by my dad's rx1 last year. My dad used GPS and got 135mph. I know you are all thinking how did a rx1 get 135. That rx1 has nitrous express, k&n filters, custom made exhaust and many other things. The point is that those sx 700 are plain not fast compared to new technology.

With my SX-r and simon pipes and my big ass on it I was doing 110 to 111 on the radar and another guy I know went throu at like 115 mph...and the srx we were running with where more in the 118 to 120 mark....

Back