I want the Truth about aftermarket Can For SRX!!

fortress

(sorry for the bad english, i'm french)

I was just one click away to purchase a MBPR Can but i decided to check out what people have to say about it on totallyamaha!!

i'm suprise to see that people are claiming that aftermarket canister can reduce your Hp!!! humm!! i was thinking that less restriction = more power!!
It is something that you have actually tested with some equipement or its just an impression?? Why company are claiming an increase of the HP??? if its not true?? Maybe we can go in court with that???

I want an aftermarket can for the sound, and, more importantly, resolve my problem in deep powder snow!!! The srx have a problem in deep powder, and the SXR too!! The engine suddendly loss power and want to die.. My friend solved is problem with an aftermarket can (Sno stuff canister)
..!! So, i'm thinking to do the same!!!

I have read alot of bad comment abour MBPR can, i'm surprise too!! So? what to buy?, bender, DG?? Sno stuff??? And wha'ts the truth about hp??? thx

Last edited:

I run SRX's with and without cans - I've always run the MBPR can and love the way it sounds - it does seem like you loose some top end with aftermarket cans - I noticed about 3 mph slower with the can opposed to the stock one - everyone I've talked to says the same thing - I still run them for sound and weight loss - hope this helps

Its true...the aftermarket cans will cause your sled to lose power. Of course the companies that make them dont tell you that because they still want you to buy them.

I have a bender can on my srx because it came on the sled so i didnt have the option to use the stock can. I like the way that it sounds and it is alot lighter, but if i had the stock can, thats the one that i would be using.

they sound great,save a little weight,,,,,BUT you will loose HP

You dont notice it i have a bender on my sled love the sound and it also got rid of some weight id say go for it dont let 2 hp stop you because even without that 2 hp you'll still be ahead of the rest of the pack hehe

I had a bender silencer on my 01 srx 700 and it sounded good,it cracked and i put on a mbrp can.At an idle the bender can is louder when you hammer the gas the mbrp is louder and sounds awsome.I liked my mbrp can better.Unfortunatly the cops here in ny and even in canada are cracking down on loud cans and to me it wasnt worth the hassle of being ticked and screwed with by the cops everywhere i rode.I put the stock can back on and sold both silencers.

I have an mbrp can for sale it is for a sx, srx, mm. It is the race series, nothing sounds better. 125 shipped

some people has experienced the same problem has me in the deep snow?? its my second srx and the same problem on both , Plus, the sxr of my friend!!

Well i know every one says they loose power........but on my 98 with an aggressive clutch set up......i did 3 runs with a mull and same results about a sled lenght behind at 660......put on my can did 3 more run and i was in front bye a ski lenght every time......and all these runs are within the hour , so condtions were pretty close to the same.

Your powder problem is probably not letting the exhaust escape and is being pluged up by the snow! I resolve this by just tip the sled on its side while riding and it will go back to normal. Mine does it every now and then but im usually riding around on one side of the machine. You can also buy a snow deflector somewhere or possibly make your own. Was this your problem?

TOpGUNN!! you said "... resolve this by just tip the sled on its side while riding and it will go back to normal..."

My answer is, yes, i have already tryed that, and for the snow deflector, my friend have put one on his sxr but its not the problem... The problem , like i said, disappeared after putting the silencer

Back