going to a deeper lug track,,,help

sno_nuts

In the process of changing tracks on my 97 sx and would like to go to a 1.25 but right now it has the stock .625 track and if I go to the 1.25 there will be only .5 to .750 clearance between the track and the front heat exchanger ,,,IS THAT ENOUGH???? Also I had studs in the old track that stuck out from the main belt 1.125 and they had gotten into the top of the tunnel some. I think this might have happened when I gave a stranded sledder a lift back to town and went over some rockers. but still the same that was the only time I felt the studs hit. Also has anyone ever raised thier sled to gain stud clearance on a 97 sx and what would be the problems, I know I can get the geometry right and make the necessary brackets but don't want to go through this and have problems. Also I think the studs getting into the tunnel might be from having 144 down the center and the rotaing mass being 20 pounds more,,,anyway let me know ,,,Thanks

I've heard from more than a few folks who studded in the center only, and had some tunnel issues. I think it's all that weight in just the center, the track balloons...Studding in all 3 bands would help even it out, as the outside belts would 'pull' the center inward...hard to visualize though.

With 1.25" track, forget running studs, unless you change to smaller drivers...Do a search on this topic you'll find alot of info!

Back