1995 ski doo HX 750 cc w/ trailer...Price ?

Nicko

Argentino Loco
Hey guys what would be a fair price for this PWC....I'm looking at one to buy but no idea in what to look for or a fair price....Thanks

Nick

And also anybody has any inputs on this machine I heard is nbot stable at all but pretty nice to ride, fast and snappy...?

I've got one, lots of fun, takes some getting used to though. If it is stock it should be a 720 not a 750. I would have to see what kind of shape its in to give a good estimate. I would start off at 1200 and go from there depending on condition. Check out this site www.pwctoday.com, sign up and ask this ? in the seadoo forum.

No that's an SPX, that would probably be a better beginer ski, more stable, and probably faster 800 vs 720... This is an Hx. it's a 96, all three years they made them they looked very close.

Attachments

• jet ski trailer 3.jpg
    jet ski trailer 3.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 60
Thanks guys. The one I was looking was going to be a trade for some framing work, but the guy didn't wait and sold it, besides I tought it was kind of high in price.....

The HX was a sweet ski.

I nearly bought one, and got a 96 polaris hurricane instead back in 96.

but yeah, The HX was a 720 twin, and fun as hell, but by no menas a beginner craft. They are tippy compared to other skis, but that is what made them fun.

The polaris hurricane, and yamaha blaster were really about the only other sport craft out there that handled like that. The balster 2 was there as well, but just not as fun as the other 3.

Like rx1 said, if you were to want an hx, I would go from 1000- to maybe 1500 absolute tops for a perfect condition one. Due to their sportier and 1 person disposition, they did not sell well, which is why none of these are in production, and when they were, it was not for very long. the blaster probably was the longest lived one.

Yea the HX was a blast, challenging to board if you weigh over 200 or so. It can be done, you could idle with them if you hung your feet out over the sides. The 720 isn't a bad engine, just not as robust as the 800. The rotary intake covers liked to crack on the 720's. I still have some parts for them laying around somewhere. Extra motor in pieces, then some aftermarket stuff. I put a UMI steering setup on mine. Drastically changed the machine. My neighbor used to race them. They took my boat to havasu one year. Ran it in the stock class, had a limited ski, and then ran a superstock class.
FYI find an 95 or 96 XP with the 800 RAVE. Those are a better craft I think. We still have a 95 XP with the 720 in it. Piped, Novi modified carbs, etc.

I think the 800 came in 96 in the xp. I had a friend with a 96 spx which was the 720 old xp. Nice skiis. I think the 95 xp was the 720 version.

The 720 HX was a lot slower than the 720 xp. that hx hull was made for cornering speed, not top end.

Either way, that 800 in that little xp hull was a beast.

Having gone to college in Stevens Point, WI, Rossier engineering was right there and always made some badass modded seadoos.

The reason I bought the hurricane over the HX was the option to ride 2 people if needed, and it was faster, handled rough water better, and had a better fuel range. About the only downside to the hurricane vs the HX was the weight....

Last edited:
horkn said:
I think the 800 came in 96 in the xp. I had a friend with a 96 spx which was the 720 old xp. Nice skiis. I think the 95 xp was the 720 version.

The 720 HX was a lot slower than the 720 xp. that hx hull was made for cornering speed, not top end.

Either way, that 800 in that little xp hull was a beast.

Having gone to college in Stevens Point, WI, Rossier engineering was right there and always made some badass modded seadoos.

The reason I bought the hurricane over the HX was the option to ride 2 people if needed, and it was faster, handled rough water better, and had a better fuel range. About the only downside to the hurricane vs the HX was the weight....

95 the 800 was available, 720 was the standard I have seen a few of the 95 xp800(I think that is actually the name for it). I have a 95 xp 720 and had a 95 HX720. The hx would eat the xp's lunch in rough water. Both of them had rossier pipes on them. Then the typical intake, prop upgrades. I had an APE pipe and it was supposed to be wicked, but I never ran it. We still have the 720xp it is a great fun boat. Especially with the pipe, and carbs. The electronic adjustable trim is nice too. I have a hand trim nozzle for the HX somewhere also. I have seen guys stick an 800 in the HX. Probably saw a lot of stuff as my neigbors raced jetski's and I used to ride with another racer on standups. I think he was from the APBA or something like that. I miss the jetskiing, and the snowmobiling, but hey when the kids get older, or if we move I might get back into it.

The hurricane was cool, and your right about the 2 person deal. I have had two people on my HX, it was a challenge.

Back