Asphalt Skiis and Trailing Arm Problem

hlmrx1

Help!!!! I have a 2000 SRX with Wahl brothers asphalt skiis in which wasn’t really a problem until I had to replace the wheels. The problem is that the new wheels are bigger in diameter and end up rubbing on the trailing arms when the front of the ski dips down and the back comes up. I phoned Wahl brothers this morning and they tell me all skiis are made the same and that they have heard of this problem on the Yamahas. The Walh Brothers rep told me that what guys do is build a stop behind the spindle in order to stop the ski from coming up. He wasn’t sure how they did it. It would be nice if they would offer this. Does anyone here have any knowledge of this or have a sample (pictures) of what he is talking about? I need to fix this up for this weekend.

On the bottom of the ski there should be a plate under where the bolt goes thru the spindle, simply drill a hole and place a small 1/4" bolt and 2 nuts on it, use the nuts to set the bolt height, this will touch the bottom of the spindle and keep the ski from rocking. The other method is to use some nylon belting from an old motorcycle tie down and make a limiter strap.

Back