Tempa Flow question?

2ooosrx

VIP Member
Website
www.cbperformanceparts.com
I have been reading a lot about tempa flows but I am still not sure what they do for the sled, if somebody know exactly what it does for the sled please let me know. Also what are the price for one of these systems.

You sould also consider Dial-a-Jet as an option too: www.thunderproducts.com
Per Dial-a-Jet claims it allows you to run your snowmobile in a broad temperature or altitude range without having to rejet.
Improves mileage and throttle response
Increases horsepower and performance
Three things trigger Dial-A-Jet's fuel signal: 1) engine pressure drop (vacuum or fuel signal); 2) acoustic sound signal which either amplifies or de-amplifies the reversionary pulse waves of the intake tract (we will explain more about the acoustics later); and 3) air flow and velocity. Dial-A-Jet works from just above an idle all the way to full throttle. Dial-A-Jet automatically gives you a perfectly calibrated carburetor that feeds fuel linear to engine load. Feeding fuel linear to engine load means being jetted properly whether you are pulling a heavy engine load like a hard hole shot with good traction or just cruising easily on hard pack at 40mph.

Do all three of these systems do the same thing which is atomatically tune your engine? Also, how well do these systems work? Does anybody have one of these on thier sled? Which one out of the three tends to work the best? Can anybody answer these, Thanks

I would say the tempa flow is the easiest and therefore the best. The down side to a tempa flow is the possibility of getting snow packed into the main tube, which normally happens after a incorrect install... I have had no problems with mine on or off trail, but I have seen customers have problems with the dial a jet system.

:o| :o| Grape Ape,
What kind of problems w/ dial a jet? was it with the newer version? any one thats on this site that had the problems? pls advise! THANKS

No one on this site that I know of, it was customers at the shop I uesd to work at. Problems were burning down, which went away after the dial a jet were removed on 3 different sleds.

2ooosrx said:
Do all three of these systems do the same thing which is atomatically tune your engine? Also, how well do these systems work? Does anybody have one of these on thier sled? Which one out of the three tends to work the best? Can anybody answer these, Thanks
The Tempa Flow is automatic, the Vari Flow and Dial-a-Jet must be adjusted manually. "Best" is quite a subjective term. The manual systems can provide the ability to tweak the most performance from your engine but you have to remember to adjust when conditions change, especially sudden temperature drops when you need to go rich or risk meeting "Mr. Squeaky".

The Tempa Flow provides good jetting performance without the need to fool with it. That's the "best" in my experience. ;)!

Back