Airbox modification

2ooosrx

VIP Member
Website
www.cbperformanceparts.com
In the tech pages, there is a page on a air box modification. My question is, will this modification also work on a 2000 srx 700 because I am assuming that the sx 700 and the srx 700 have the same airbox, please let me know.

I want to say not really...The srx's airbox design is different and you may be able to get one or two holes in it but it will be covered by the pre filter not really worth it to me...Are you dieing to do something to your srx? Nothing really works on srx's besides big bore and that kinda thing..... they come pretty damn good from the factory!! Just let it ride it's still in the top fastest sled ever made

So far all I can think of doing to my srx is a tempa flow, K&N airfilters or airbox mod and boring out my stock silencer. I agree with you though, these sleds do come pretty darn fast when they are stock.

The sx and srx airbox are not at all the same. General opinion is leave the srx box alone as it will burn down when gutted. Bender cold air kits are suppose to work well thou.

2ooosrx said:
So far all I can think of doing to my srx is a tempa flow, K&N airfilters or airbox mod and boring out my stock silencer. I agree with you though, these sleds do come pretty darn fast when they are stock.
IMHO i wouldnt do any of that maybe bore the silencer but the stock airbox works great. Ive heard a few people have there engine lean out with the tempa flow when sitting idling and then just getting on the throttle it leans out, but thats just what ive heard. i dont think the K&n's would be that much better either not worth the $$$$ thats my .02

Back