New to me 2000 Vmax 600!

Styles211

New to me 2000 Vmax 600

Hey!

I just picked up a 2000 Vmax6 today and was wondering if there is any advice you guys could give me, potential problems stuff like that.

My main sled for the past few years has been my 99Srx7 with tons of mods but I dont know much about the Vmax.

Also if there were any recalls for that year ?

Cheers!!

Styles
:WayCool: :yam:

Last edited:

Jetting is pretty good but clutching is wayyy out there on that sled. they will rev over 9k with stock clutching & need to be at around 8500 rpm. Some 8ab weights with a 50/42 helix will fix that.

Thanks for the info,

This sled is for my wife and should probably stay close to stock, I will look into the clutching problems but I dont plan to get crazy on this sled.

Thanks guys for the info..

Cheers!!

Styles

That one is a triple, right?
If its is, then youve got a great sled, if not may the gods have mercy on your soul.
Overall its a good sled. I think it would be cool to buy one of those and go crazy modding it. Then, when you smoke people with F6s and REV 600 H.O.'s and they ask you what you did to your sled you can just smile and saying, "Hey man, its only a Vmax!" The Vmax was kind of considered to be Yamaha's "trail luxury" sled. You might consider it as the Lexus of snowmobiles. Its very similar to the SXr's though. I may be mistaken, but I believe they are almost identical to an SXr mechanically.
Hebi

Hebi,

Like Mr Sled said is a triple and sounds pretty cool, this sled is in mint condition. The guy I bought it from didnt seem to want to part with it to badly, I think his wife had something to do with it.
The sled is verry clean and has hardly been used only 1600km on it, I just spent the day in the shop polishing her up and peeling those ugly licence plate stikers off the sides. I plan to have the numbers painted on.

As far as mods go I get my fix with the Srx and have planned to long travle it this year.
I did clutching, jets, cold air kit and changed the top gear last year. (what a difference these mods made)

While I am on the topic is the Vmax long travle?

Cheers!!

Styles

i think the 2001 and up sxr600's were long traveled and anything before that year in 121 had the standard 8".

I may be wrong on that though.

thats not really true all the way back to 97 the XTC and some of the Vmax sled had long travel, they just made valving hanges over the years. Unless you are talking sx. The sx was always 8" until they added the R to the name, that what brought out the 11.5 inches.

dude do your wife/significant other a favor and put some plastic skis on that thing. it will handle easyer and the weight it saves will be worth it ;)!

good choice ;)! i love the way my sxr handles and i have a guy interesed in my stock skis as i am putting viper skis on mine this season for more flotation

Maim,

I see you are from the big nickel, I make a trip to lake Pinache(not sure the spelling) every year to a friends camp. You got some good sledding there.

Styles

;)!

never been on penage. i usually range farther north towards levack/cartier. they have usually 1' -2' more snow than we do in sudbury. and out there i know some lakes that are un sleded till i open the trail :p :p .what weekend are you usually on penage?

Last edited:
Larry at North Country Yamaha 715-453-2626 can get you a OEM helix that is cut to the angle you are after...Matt from the Speed Shop can get you advantage billet and Maxx Perf has many different helixs in stock.

Back