Factory GPS...

vmaxjohn

Website
www.myspace.com
Just saw a comercial for a Honda quad with factory installed GPS. I'm now wondering...how long before we see it on a sled?! Does Honda have to bring a sled to market before we'll see it?

How many TYers could put a feature like this to use?

I would like to see it on a sled.wouldnt have to carry one in my pocket along with a bunch of batteries.I carry my Garmin with me every trip.

my grandpa has a mount for his gps right on the dash of his deluxe. he even has it wired into the 12v system. plops it in and runs off sled power and the display stays lit up all the time. pretty neat. :)

Hmmm, supercharger for the Chevy or GPS for the RX-1.....

Which one will be more practical......

Which one will be easier to do.....

Which one WON'T get me thrown out of the house? :shock:

Yep, that GPS project is looking pretty good, right after the flexi-skis and M10 which will come right after I get through the pile of "Honey Do"....

The wife thinks the Chevy's got enough power, my handheld GPS works just fine and if my RX1 rides and handles so bad how did I get 2500 miles on it when every one else around here was lucky to get 300......

After saying "Yes dear" a bunch of times, I simply reply that if she's not careful I'll put her butt picture back up. (After she's gone of course, she WILL kick my ass)

If that was your wife, then you've got to watch out for her parents, I think her folks wouldn't like her hanging out with such an older man :lol:

You're my cradle robbing hero!
How would a super charger help haul those sleds in the winter...? I think a nice set of winter tires would be a wiser investment...hehe

Yes John, you're wisdom is sound. Even though the mere thought of a Hemi Dodge dragging a load of Poo's past me on a long grade disturbs me greatly, I know that horsepower is useless if I can't get it to the ground.

My challenge now is to find a set of wheels and tires that will do the job and still look good. I have been unable to locate winter tires to fit the stock 20 x 8.5 inch rims on that truck.

Yep, that's where I found out that there is no such winter tire for those wheels. The stock tire is a 275/55-20 Goodyear Eagle LS, not terrible but not great snow rating.

I'll need to match the overall diameter and revs per mile as well as the lug pattern to do it right. Fortunately, www.tirerack.com has all that information so it shouldn't take me too long to sort it all out.

The truck just looks so pretty with the stock rims....... :?

Yeah...it's purdy.

You know...that size might be close to a 32 or 33" tire, very common with 'real' off road trucks, if you didn't mind getting some cheapo steelies for it...Does it have huge brake rotors to clear?

I think I got it covered John, eBay's got rims taken off "normal" Silverados that I can pick up fairly cheap. Then I'll get a set of Winter Dueler DM-Z2 skins from Tire Rack and I should be good to go.

Then while I'm in winter mode, I can have the stock rims reworked to something I saw on the SS forum.

Naw, Ford also has the Harley Davidson Super Crew with it's supercharged 5.4 that will take my Chevy on dry pavement. The HD Ford can hit 0-60 in 6 seconds flat and turn a 14.3 Quarter mile. My SS is good for a 6.6 second 0-60 time and right around 15 flat in the Quarter.

But I bought my truck to tow sleds in the winter and the HD Ford has 3,000 lbs. less towing capacity and no 4 wheel drive. The Hemi Dodge is available with 4 wheel drive but it's manual rather than full time like the SS.

As far as taking it to the drag strip, I can't do that because it would be like taking drugs. First I'd be running the truck, then I'd have to be running the Warrior and no, I wouldn't stop there, I'd have to get the RX-1 into the action as well. Naturally, none of the vehicles could remain stock, that's just not what drag racing is all about!

Nope, can't go there, too addicting. :wink:

Back