Viper Power Valve Problems

saoyrick

Hoping someone can help me with this problem. I have an '02 Viper. I've removed and cleaned the power valves and they slide perfectly. I'm attempting to adjust the valves after re-installation. I've purchased an adapter cable from Maxximum Performance which powers the servo motor from a battery. I'm using a known good lawn tractor battery for power. Everything is connected properly per the instructions. When I turn the key switch the servo only rotates a fraction of a turn, even with plenty of slack in the cables. Per the instructions the servo pulley is supposed to rotate fully to open the valves. When I disconnect the battery and start the sled the servo pulley does a complete test rotation as usual with no error codes on the LCD display. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

if I remember correctly , you have to turn the server back and then power it...it sounds like everything is tight and the little it turns is to take up slack when it is fully pulled....that make sense

I would put it back together , adjust cables so the are flush ...start the sled , run it so they open up... then pull the pipe off and hook the power valve tester back up ..i would leave the key on so when you touch the ends to the battery you can just hold the ends until you hear the motor stop then release the ends ???????

Back