2000 SRX performance enhancers!

2ooosrx

VIP Member
Website
www.cbperformanceparts.com
I have run out of things that I can do to my srx. I am going to clutch for this year, I am going to cut the can in half, remove the baffle and weld it back up. I am going to put one of our belt drive systems on it. I am going to use a 3" hole saw and drill out the dash for cold air intake. A new studded track will go in it. Is there anyway to mod out the stock airbox to get more airflow? Maybe a couple holes in it. Please if anybody has any other ideas please let me know.

Also, for anyone using a cold airflow system, I heard it makes a very annoying sound, is this true?

Leave the can alone. As for clutching there are many different setups, I prefer heavy hitters. I have run Benders cold air kit with and without gutting the airbox. You must jet accordingly. If you don't mind having the air sucked out of your eardrums gut the airbox. Did'nt notice much differance either way gutted or with the shelf left in.

Danger Dog said:
Leave the can alone. As for clutching there are many different setups, I prefer heavy hitters. I have run Benders cold air kit with and without gutting the airbox. You must jet accordingly. If you don't mind having the air sucked out of your eardrums gut the airbox. Did'nt notice much differance either way gutted or with the shelf left in.
.........Have a 02 srx here with a gutted airbox and a cold air kit...its not that loud and I like it.

hey SRX guy, do you think you could please send me some pics of how you gutted your airbox. Where you drilled and everything. Please send me a pm showing how you did it. Does anybody else have any other ideas?

2ooosrx said:
hey SRX guy, do you think you could please send me some pics of how you gutted your airbox. Where you drilled and everything. Please send me a pm showing how you did it. Does anybody else have any other ideas?
.I am going to pull the sled out verysoon...I will take a few pics.....I took the shelf out and had to open the top of the airbox more......Also had to rejet the carbs.

Back