suspension 95 96 vmax

rutcgr18

how shouldi set up the suspesion on these sleds. My buddy weighs about 250 i weigh about 230 i ride the 600 he rides the 95 500 how should we set the suspesin
thanks
mike

I would add about 2 more turns to the rear shock spring and let out the spring on the front until it bottoms and give it a few more turns...what I should ask is how doe they ride now...stiff ...tell me about the ride??

they seem to bottom out alot i think i need to add some more preload. what do you when about the front springs. you want more preload or less
thanks
mike

I would add 5-6 turns to the center spring(if it feels like it hits hard in the front if not only add 2-3) and 2-3 on the rear spring (if it bottoms jumping then you will need more)....and give that a try...and maybe let the limiter out a bit...unless it wont turn...

I have a 96 V-max 500 that I had set up almost exactly how Mr.Sled stated above & worked great! I'm in the same weight range as you posted! My MAX railed that way!!!!!!! I had the limiter straps out some & the sled weight tranfered awesome!!!!!!!!!! ;)!
I now have a RX-1 rear skid in my Max!!!!!!!
WIVIPERMAN

Back